You'll Be In My Heart

It was begging to be made ever since day one, so I hope you enjoy it.

-------------------

It was midnight at the facility. Everyone was fast asleep, except for Pietro. He was having a hard time sleeping, so he decided to just play on his phone while keeping a constant eye on Wanda, who was soundly asleep on her bed across his. Their cat, Butters, was also asleep already. So he was the only one in the room that's awake.

Around 1 AM, he saw that Wanda was starting to thrash in her sleep. While also calling out his name.

"... Pietro.. Pietro.. No.. No.. I'm sorry.. Stop it.. Please... No.. I'm s-so sorry.. Come back.. Pietro.. Please.."

Pietro looked at her in concern, and went over to sit on the edge of her bed, trying to wake her up.

"Wanda, it's okay, you can wake up. You're just dreaming."

But Wanda's thrashing starts getting harder, and tears began streaming down her cheeks, "Pietro.. I'm sorry.. Please... Don't leave me.."

"I'm not leaving you, Wanda. Open your eyes, I'm right here." He cooed. One hand started stroking her hair while the other wiped her fallen tears.

She still wasn't waking up, but she stopped crying and thrashing after feeling his touch. He unwrapped her from her covers, and gently lifted her in his arms as he sat down on her bed, setting her on his lap.

"It's okay, Wanda, I'm right here. You can wake up." She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at him. It was silent for a while, until she cried into Pietro's chest.

He stroked her hair and allowed her to cry into his chest, silently encouraging her to let it all out.

"Did you have another nightmare?" She nodded a little.

"It-It was about you.. You.. You were.. Covered in bullet holes.. A-and when you were dying..  Y-you said.. You hated me.." She cried.

"No, no. Wanda, don't think like that. I would never hate you, you know that. And I'm right here, see? I'm perfectly fine, no bullet holes at all." Wanda pulled away from his chest.

"But.. But it felt so real, a-and.. Y-you were d-dead, and you s-said you hated me.. And I didn't know what to do, I don't wanna lose you b-because I don't know what to do if you're gone!" She started hyperventilating, her breath rapid and out of control, more tears streaming down her face.

"Wanda, hey, hey, look at me, okay?" He gently cupped her face with his hands and made her look at him.

"Just breathe, nice deep breaths. I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere. You're never going to lose me. I'm staying right here, okay?" He said as he wiped her tears.

"What would help right now?" He asked softly.

"A hug and a forehead kiss." She murmured.

Just like what she requested, Pietro gave Wanda a gentle hug and gently kissed her forehead as she leaned against his chest.

"Pietro.. Do you think.. I'm a monster or a freak or anything?" Wanda asked after a moment of silence.

"Absolutely not, Wanda. I promise you. You are no monster nor freak to me."

"But.. Other people are afraid of me.."

"People are afraid of you because they don't understand you. They're afraid of things they don't understand, but I understand you. I know who you are, inside and out. That's all that matters. I don't care what people think, you're always perfect to me." He tucked some loose hair behind her ear.

Wanda smiled up at him and allowed some tears to fall from her eyes. Only this time, it's tears of happiness, knowing the amount of unconditional love her brother always had for her. Pietro also smiled down at her and wiped some of her tears with his thumbs.

"You know, it's late. You're tired. You should get some sleep."

"Pietro.. Can you.. Sing me a lullaby? Please?"

"Of course, Wanda. I know you need it." Pietro leaned against the headboard of her bed, cradling her and stroking her hair. Then he started to sing softly.

Pietro:
Come stop your crying, it'll be alright
Just take my hand, hold it tight
I will protect you from all around you
I will be here, don't you cry

For one so small, you seem so strong
My arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm
This bond between us can't be broken
I will be here, don't you cry

Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on,
Now and forevermore

You'll be in my heart,
No matter what they say
You'll be right here in my heart,
Always

Why can't they understand the way we feel?
They just don't trust what they can explain
I know we're different, but deep inside us
We're not that different at all

And you'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be right here in my heart,
Always

Don't listen to them,
Cause what do they know?
We need each other,
To have, to hold
They'll see in time, I know

When destiny calls you,
You must be strong
I may not be with you,
But you've got to hold on
They'll see in time, I know
We'll show them together

Cause you'll be in my heart,
Believe me, you'll be in my heart
I'll be there from this day on,
Now and forevermore

You'll be in my heart,
No matter what they say
You'll be in my heart
I'll be there, always
Always

Pietro looked down to see Wanda fast asleep. He smiled to himself, and adjusted himself on her bed. He'd feel bad to leave her alone after a nightmare, so he's going to stay with her.

"Sweet dreams, little sister. I love you, angel." He kissed her forehead and slept with her in his arms.

-------

So, wasn't that adorable? I'm not the best at writing hurt/comfort, so yeah, bare with me.

See you in the next part :D

-Princess❤