Chapter Twenty Two - Alliance

Everything seemed to be going well, the only enemy really left was time. Galaxy Swirl was growing too fast. She was only five years old now but looked like a twelve-year-old. But by the age of seven Flurry Heart had become full-grown, so maybe it would be the same in Galaxy's case. But still, it made every moment more precious. "Look, mom, a snowflake," Galaxy said as she had caught a snowflake out in the snow. Sunburst was there as well, keeping an eye on her to make sure she didn't get in any kind of danger. 

"It's beautiful, sweetie. Why not go and try to catch another one?" Starlight suggested. She turned to Sunburst who was in timberwolf form. "Rainius thinks we might be able to find answers in Whinnychester. A small town far south of here. Even farther than Appleloosa. He thinks they might know something," Galaxy flew up and caught another one. Then out of the corner of her eye she noticed a brownish unicorn with pink hair standing on a cliff. Glaring angrily at her. 

Galaxy flew back down to her mother and Sunburst. "Who was that?" She asked. 

Starlight looked up at the cliff. She was shocked to see who it was. "I think that's Diamond from Canterlot," She said as she looked harder. "Diamond!!" She flew up after her but Diamond must've teleported away because once Starlight got there, she was gone. 

Hollow Shades was home to the species known as the bat ponies, so Diamond was an outsider, but the information she had was going to determine the fate of the royal family. As she walked down the torch-lit corridor of the castle of the Bat Syndicate, she felt a little guilty of what she was about to do. When she came into the castle library where Shadow Mark, Crimson Moon, and Duke Tail was, her feeling of guilt only grew stronger. "What do you want?" Duke Tail demanded as he turned to face her. "Hm?"

Diamond took a deep breath and exhaled nervously. "I have to report a crime," She spoke up. That caught the rest of their attention. "The royal family has done something terrible." Now, this really got their attention. 

Shadow Mark raced over to her. "Allow me, my dear," He grabbed her hoof and read through her thoughts and memories. Seeing the image of Galaxy, Starlight, and Sunburst. He let's go, eyes wide. "Oh my," He says petrified. 

Meanwhile, Starlight, Rainius, Celestia, and Luna were talking about Diamond as Rainius was teaching Galaxy how to play the piano. "I wish I could've just gotten the chance to talk with her, even for just a second," Starlight said. 

"Seeing Sunburst must've been too much for her," Luna thought. 

"I wouldn't worry too much about it," Celestia said. "Diamond is like family. She'll come around." 

"I sure hope so," Starlight replied as she watched Rainius teach their daughter how to play piano by playing a few simple keys and making a melody out of it. Rainius then had a vision of the Bat Syndicate coming to Canterlot to kill them all. 

Starlight, Luna, and Celestia noticed him staring off, horrified. "Rainius, what is it?!" Starlight asked, concerned. 

"It's the bat syndicate," He said. "They're coming for us. Shadow, Crimson, Duke, the guard, and… Diamond." 

"Sweetie, come here," Starlight gestured for her daughter. Galaxy obeyed, going over to her. 

"Why?" Celestia asked. "What did Diamond see?" 

"We were just walking," Starlight said. 

"Gal was catching snowflakes," Sunburst added. 

"Of course," Rainius says. "Diamond thinks Galaxy’s an immortal child." He goes to explain. He created an illusion outfit of a memory of his and showed it to them. The immortal bat children were very beautiful, so enchanting. To be near them was to love them. But their development was frozen at the age they were turned, they couldn’t be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Ponies heard about the devastation, stories spread, the bat syndicate were forced to intervene. And since the children couldn’t protect our secret, they had to be destroyed.