The arrival

Here we are, Salt Lake city, the start of a new school year but not an ordinary year for Nini, it is the start of her freshman year in East High School.

"Nini!Get up now!" nini hear her mom screaming from downstairs, as nini wakes up slowly, she looks at the clock and gasp as she checks the time, "SCHOOL!" she screams as she rush to her closet and put on the outfit she prepared the night before. When she finished getting ready, she runs down the stairs, takes the toast her moms made for her and dashes out of the house running through the street.

Nini was an orphan when she was only two years old so obviously she doesn't know a thing about her biological parents and she doesn't care at all. She grew with her moms, Carol and Dana, also known as mama C and mama D.
She's always been with the same group of friends since kindergarten and luckily, all of her friends are in the same high school as her.

*Nini pov*

When I arrived, at East High, out of breath i didn't know where to go because i didn't get to visit the school. Classes already started so i just kept looking for my class, "B9,B10.. there it is, B11!"
Just when i opened the door, i opened my mouth to talk but a boy i didn't know arrived right behind me out of breath "sorry i'm late!" we say in unison.

"Mr.Bowen and Ms.Salazar-Roberts, i presume?" said the teacher standing in front of the class "take a seat wherever you want"

obviously since we were last, the only seats were next to each other.

As we sit down, the teacher, Mrs. Jenn made us briefly introduce ourselves by saying our name and what is our hobby.

As it's my turn, i stand up and say "Hello, my name is Nini Salazar-Roberts and i love to sing and write songs, i hope we'll get to know each other during this year" and everyone applause,i never were the kind of girl who's super confident about herself so it's actually really hard for me to know what to say in those circumstances. As i sit down, the boy who arrived late with me stands up and say "Hi, my name is Richard Bowen,  but you can call me Ricky" he says looking really relaxed, with a big smile " i just got transfered here in Salt Lake City and i like to sing and to act" he says as he take his seat.

As the class ends, i go toward my locker as a group of persons runs towards me screaming "NINIII" as they all engulf me in a group hug, they were my best friends "Hey guyys, omg it's so nice to see you all again" i say looking at Kourtney, Ashlyn, Gina, Big Red and Carlos.

After we all reunited, we went to eat some lunch at the cafeteria. "Soo.. who's that boy" Kourtney says with a smirk looking at Ricky through the cafeteria.

"I don't know...never met him" i say putting a piece of meat in my mouth
"um..guys, the boy seems lost" Gina says still looking at Ricky, "Nini go talk to him"

"huh? why me??"
" Nini you're seating next to him in class, you would eventually have to talk to him" Ashlyn says pushing me towards him
"Okay okay i'll do it"

word count: 575 words

Hey guys, so here is the first chapter of this story, sorry if it was short but i promise i'll do the best i can so this story gets interesting in the future. Sincerely hope you like it this far and the 2nd chapter should come out soon.
Thank you for reading❤️