Chapter 6

Waking up the day after meeting Pennywise was difficult, it felt like her body was exhausted, as if she hadn't slept for days. She made her bed and started getting ready for work. For a second she was sure she would pass out, but the dizziness passed quickly, leaving her slightly worried. She took a deep breath, thinking it was just her imagination and decided to have her breakfast. Her hunger demanded whole dishes with pancakes and scrambled eggs, but choose to make only two toasts. She felt that her hunger hadn't been satisfied, so she took a fruit to eat on the way to work.

She realized that the path seemed to be bigger, as if it were miles away from her house, in reality being only a few minutes. Once there, she change and started her shift. A friend, seeing the state she was in, asked if she was sick. She replied that it was just a cold, that it would soon pass. At the end of the day, she said goodbye to her co-workers, managing to put a momentary smile on her face and started walking back home. Going through a store in the way and buying four packs of pasta, something easy and quick to cook.

When she got home, she ran to the kitchen, opening the pasta packages as fast as possible. She took the largest pot she could find and filled it with water, managing to wait just two minutes for the water to warm up. She placed the pasta in the water, waiting for the food to become soft or sufficiently edible, before placing it on a plate.

Trying to eat slowly, whenever she finished a dish, she'd go back to the stove to get another one. However, she did not feel satisfied at any time.

She sat on the sofa and waited for some time, suddenly the hunger would pass after digesting or feeling that the food had settled in her stomach. However, a few minutes later, nothing, the hunger continues and she can feel the saliva filling her mouth. She took a deep breath and built up courage. If she could only feel good and healthy with the clown, it was with him that she would try to get closer to.

She got up and went down to the basement, swaying from side to side as she descended like stairs. She almost runs to the well, holding on to the walls of the well to stop herself from falling into the infinite darkness. She looks at the bottom, waiting for something to emerge, but nothing can be seen, nor heard, not even a drop of water. She waited, feeling tears fill her eyes, her vision blurred, managing to see only the black bottom of the well and the water falling from her face and dripping to the bottom.

"Pennywise!" She screamed, expecting something, but again, nothing came "Pennywise!" She tries again, her voice breaking this time "P-please, Pennywise." Now her voice was just a whisper.

She feels her energies drain, her fingers release the sides of the well slowly, dropping head first to the bottom, unable to scream or even open her eyes to see the bottom floor. Her mind did not let her feel the ground breaking her skull, leaving her unconscious in the middle of the fall.

When awake, she almost jumped off the ground she was on, still feeling like she was falling. Taking a deep breath and looking at her surroundings, she couldn't make out where she was. She knew that her hunger had subsided considerably and her tiredness felt like just a day of hard work. She looked around her, she was at a strange place, it was like a cave, but all black, a dim light on the ceiling, which was extremely high.

She got up slowly, thinking about how to get out of there. The ground where she was at was a crater, as if something had fallen there and frozen in time. She descended from the site and began to search around the cave. She found nothing. How had she gotten there? Sh just remembered falling in the infinite void, nothing more. She thought about trying to dig or something, but by then she would be starving. She had the idea to call the clown, which at that moment seemed the most plausible.

"Pennywise!" She shouted, now less desperate than earlier "Get me out of here, please!" She continues, sitting on her side on one of the crater's spines, resting her legs.

She waited a few minutes and tried again, but unfortunately, he didn't come. A few more minutes passed, but she kept trying. She tried one last time, before fear completely settling in her body. She felt her lungs run out of air, tears filled her eyes and her body shook. Was that how she was going to die? Hungry, cold and alone? She sat against the wall, hugging her legs and resting her head on her knees.

She felt a presence there, she knew right away who it was. However, she refused to look up, she knew he was only there because of her fear, like a moth attracted by the flame.

"Why did you ran?" She asks, her face still hidden by her hair and knees.

He stops and thinks for a few seconds, bends down to the girl and looks at her. What he felt when he was with her was something close to what he felt in his victims, so he ran, out of fear. He wasn't planning to say anything about saving her from falling into the well and taking her to a place where no human had ever been. He intended to lie, yes, lying would be the best option, humans did it all the time, why couldn't he? However, his mouth was already open to say what he was feeling at the last moment he was with her.

"I was afraid." And like a child, he covered his mouth, as if holding something he didn't want to escape.

"I was- I am afraid." She says, lifting her face and showing him her face, covered in tears and sweat "I can't stop eating and I feel tired all the time! Except when I'm with you." She finishes saying, getting up and approaching the clown.

He stumbles and falls backwards, his face showing the same terror as the day before. She had the impression that he looked smaller, like a sulking child. She took advantage of the situation and imposed herself, puffing out her chest and making an angry face.

"I want to know everything." she says, wiping tears from her face and crossing her arms in front of her breasts.

"I already told you everything I know." He kept trying to lie.

"Somehow, I can feel you're lying." She crouches down next to him, smirking "Tell me it all."