Chapter 2 Attacked

Teenager Jasmine Turner was just at home few blocks away. Jasmine and her older brother, Jamal Turner, lived with their widowed single mother. Their father died in a car accident about three years ago. At home Jasmine was with her cousin, Courtney 'CJ' Johnson, who just came into town. He was in a room unpacking his stuff. CJ was originally from Atlanta, Georgia. Back in Atlanta CJ had got into some trouble so his mom sent him to live with Jasmine for a while.

Jasmine: CJ, I'm glad you're here.

CJ: I'm glad to be here. I'm gonna miss Georgia, but I get to spend time with my favorite cousin.

The two then hugged.

Jasmine: I think it's going to be nice having you around. We'll be able to reconnect.

CJ: Yeah, that sounds nice.

Suddenly, Jasmine's mom called them down for dinner. The next day Jasmine was at school showing CJ around, when suddenly she walked up to her group of friends, but it wasn't the whole inner circle. The small group was Tori Watson, Miles Porter, and Alex Reese. Tori was Jasmine's very close friend, and protective best friend. She's always there for Jasmine when she needs her. Tori is the younger sister of a Hawkins Police Officer/Deputy. Alex is Jasmine's friend, who's known as a funny, dirty minded, goofball. He would always say weird stuff, and say the wrong stuff at the wrong time. Jasmine has known Tori and Alex since elementary school. They did everything together. Now, Jasmine didn't meet Miles until middle school. He had a crush on her, but she was interested in someone else, so they decided to stay friends. Meanwhile, Jasmine had introduced her cousin to her friends.

Jasmine: Hey, guys. This is my cousin, Courtney.

They all greeted him.

Tori: Courtney. That's a cool name.

CJ: Thank you, but I normally go by 'CJ'.

Miles: Where are you from?

CJ: I'm from Atlanta.

Tori: You're from down south. What are you doing all the way up here?

CJ: I got into some trouble back home so my parents sent me to live with my cousin.

Suddenly, more of Jasmine's friends, Jessie Baker, Zachary 'Zach' Taylor, and Jason Michaels had approached the group. Jasmine met the three guys in middle school. Zach and Jason were Jasmine's friends, but Jessie was Jasmine's boyfriend. Jessie and Jasmine started dating a year ago. Jessie is one year older than Jasmine, so when they started dating Jasmine was a Sophomore, and Jessie was a Junior. As of now Jasmine is a Junior and Jessie is a Senior. Jessie is the star quarterback of Hawkins High School's football team, the Hornets, and Jasmine was on the cheerleading squad. Zach and Jason were best friends, they were always together. They were both known as movie experts. Both of them were on the football team alongside Jessie. Zach was the new wide receiver, and Jason was the kicker. Jasmine and Jessie then greeted each other.

Jessie: Hey, bae.

Jasmine: Hey.

The two then had hugged, and gave each other a quick peck kiss on the lips. When Jessie saw CJ standing close to Jasmine he had gotten suspicious.

Jessie: Babe, who is this?

Jasmine: Babe, this is my cousin, CJ.

Jessie: Oh. Nice to meet you, man.

CJ: You too.

Just then, Hawkins High School Senior, and leader of the cheerleading squad, Heather Duval, was giving the morning announcements.

Heather: Good morning students, staff, and faculty. I know you're all excited for the upcoming Youth Bash, but, I'm afraid I have some sad news. Two of our beloved Seniors, Jane Cooper and Anthony Young have died. According to police they were found brutally murdered in Jane's house last night. Grief counseling will be available the rest of the week.