Owen #6

The guys and I were going out to get wings tonight like we did every Sundy. Some people went to church, we went for wings and beer. It was tradition.

We came to the same place every week, the entire wait staff knew us by now. I think it would be a shock to everyone if we didn't come. We always ordered the same thing every week, 2 beers and a dozen wings per person.

We were sitting at the table sipping our drinks waiting for the food. Loads of sports games were on all the different TVs. We never really came for the sports.
"Hey, remember that Chyanne girl from school?"
"The one Owen stares at a lot? Yeah." Danny answered Greg faster than I could. He made a kissy face at me. I hate that he brought up that I stare at her. I swear it's not that much.
"Crazy story, I ran into her yesterday, not in a good way though." His brows scrunched together.
"Dude, you're a tank you can't just run into people." Danny was right, of all of us Greg was the most built. He was tall, worked out and just had a wider build than Danny and I. If you were to look at him by himself he's proportionate, but next to some other guys he looked like a zoomed in version.
"No, no." He took a sip of his beer. "So I was with my family right, and I just happened pass by Chyanne and this guy. He was like trying to take her home with him but she kept saying no. I got so mad and pushed him. I mean, what if that were my sister or friend." He shook his head. "He eventually left. She looked so scared."
"Did she get hurt? Is she alright?" That was the first thing I said since Chyanne became of topic.
"Yeah, scared but that's all." My mind raced about Chyanne. She wasn't a tall girl; thin, kind of curvy. I think a good wind could knock her over. The worry must be written all over my face. "She wasn't a damsel in distress you know. He just wasn't taking no. The guy was like my size."
"Oh my god." I muttered.
"Why do you even care so much, you don't even know the girl." Danny asked slightly surprised by my reaction.
"I don't know. She like the first girl who doesn't act like a lost puppy or throw themselves at us."
"Her friend Sandy doesn't." Greg pointed out. I hated him for that.
"I know, I just- I don't know! She's pretty and shes smart." I paused staring at the ground between the two of them. "I don't know, she's nice and just seems like a good person to know. When we met three years ago in class I couldn't help but think 'I bet under all that quietness there is an amazing girl.' Does that make sense?" My eyes darted between Danny and Greg.
"Yeah, but what about MG?" I sighed running my fingers through my hair.
"Her too. I don't know. I want to know Chyanne, I'm attracted to her; but I know MG, we have a connection."
"I have never seen you so lost and it's about girls. I think I'm dreaming. Greg's Superman and Owens into two girls." We laughed. Danny was good at that, breaking the tension, easing life.

The rest of the night we didn't talk about Chyanne or even Mystery Girl, they steered clear of those topics. I get it, I practically had a melt down over Chyanne and that dude. She was a mental picture in the back of my mind. I made a note to myself to watch her tomorrow, make sure she was okay. I don't know what I would do if she wasn't but I had to try.

Mystery Girl: How was wings and beer with the guys?

It was funny that she knew me so well already. She knew every Sunday I went out with my friends, but I can say the same about her. She works from home and goes out with her best friend who she lives with.

Me: Alright. My friend saved a girl this weekend from getting hurt and I just can't stop thinking about this girl.

Me: Probably not the best thing to say to you.

Mystery Girl: Oh no! I completely understand, I hope she's okay.

Me: Yeah, me too.

Me: So what did you do today?

Mystery Girl: Boarded myself up in my room and hid away.

Me: Thats hot.

Mystery Girl: Funny.

Me: Whats your perfect date?

Mystery Girl: I'd have to say April 25. Because it's not too hot, not too cold. All you need is a light jacket.

Me: Did you just Miss Congeniality me?

Mystery Girl: You think I'm gorgeous, you want to kiss me. You want to hug me. You want to love me. You want to hug me. You want to smooch me.

Me: You know he kisses her in the end.

Mystery Girl: Actually, she kisses him.

Me: I will keep that in mind.

Mystery Girl: Also keep it in mind that he asks her out.

Me: Noted.

Mystery Girl: Good.