𝕣𝕦𝕟 𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕡𝕥.𝟚

Lena's POV
"So Stef let Jesus run away with her phone? That doesn't sound like something Stef would do." -Mike

"It's not Stef, that's what makes me mad. She said she would call you ahead of time and let you know to expect Jesus to end up at your doorstep. Clearly that didn't happen." -Lena

"Wow. Stef. Really? Stefanie?" -Mike

"Yeh, sadly. Do you think you can go drive around a bit and look for Jesus? Stef is going to drive around and look too and I'm giving her my phone. Call the landline if you need me and call my phone if you need Stef." -Lena

"Yeh, If course I will. I will keep you posted." -Mike

"Thank you so much Mike. You always are there for the kids and help us. We really appreciate it." -Lena

"No worries. These kids are like my own." -Mike

I suddenly heard Stef enter the room. "Are you serious right now Stef!" I yelled at her as I was furious.

"Lena I'm sorry."

"No. You don't get to do that. Stef I warned you. But no. Did you listen to me? No! Because you never do. I knew something like this was going to happen!" I yelled at Stef.

"Love, this wasn't my intention." My wife said calmly.

"Wasn't your intention. Really? Because I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't! Purposely sending Jesus to go run away by himself. Yeh you planned that one out real well." I said with an edge in my voice.

Stef let out a frustrated sigh.

"Here, take my phone, call the home phone if you need anything. I texted Mike and updated him." I said as I shoved my phone at her.

"Jesus couldn't have gone far." She said as she took the phone.

"Stef. It's been two hours. He isn't answering your phone. No one has a trace on him. I don't understand how you can be so calm about this!"

"I'm not calm. Inside I'm freaking out. It makes me sick to my stomach not knowing where our son is but all we can do right now is look. He will turn up soon. I promise." She said trying to grab my hands.

I yanked them away. "Don't make promises you can't keep Stefanie." I said in a low voice.

"Lena. Is this about the whole things with-"

"No Stef. It isn't. Now instead of arguing with me, how about you get in your fancy police car and go find our son." I said as tears stung my eyes.

"Moms." We suddenly heard. We both looked over to the bottom of the stairs as we see Mariana. Her face was splotchy from crying and her hair was messy from her nap.

"Oh come here baby." Stef said as she went over to Mariana and picked her up. Mariana leaned into Stef for comfort.

"I will take her, you go out and look for Jesus." I said lowering my voice as I walked over to them.

I grabbed Mariana from Stef and brushed her hair out of her face.

"Is Jesus gonna be missing forever?" Mariana asked me as she sniffled.

"Oh baby, no. Mommy's going to go out and find him." I said eyeing Stef.

"Yes Love, I'm going to go get in the cruiser right now and bring him home." Stef said as she began rubbing Mariana's back.

"Can I come with you? I wanna look for Jesus too."

"I think you should just let mom go by herself." I said as a tear trickled down her cheek and I rubbed it away with my finger.