Booking the Role

Hey guys quick note.... please comment down below and let me know what you think!!! Share and support this story lmao!!
Also I'll be updating daily. So stay tuned. Olivia will have more parts soon.
OK. byeeeeee

Joshua's POV
      This is not how I pictured auditions going. Quite frankly... I was bored. I think we were an hour or so in.
      I looked over to Tim Federle sitting in the seat next to me. He was patiently giving everyone a fair chance.
      His hands were clasped around a coffee mug and he had a small smile plastered on his face. He was dressed in black jeans and a black shirt, with a navy blue baseball cap.
      I was fidgety and honestly a little over this.
      Don't get me wrong, everybody auditioning was very qualified. They all had stellar papers to support them. But, something was just off.
      I could tell that Tim, though patient, was becoming frustrated.
      Currently, there was this black haired girl auditioning. She killed the scene, but honestly was a very weak singer.
      She wasn't bad. But this was supposed to be a musical. Understandably, singing was a required skill.
      "Alright, thank you Paige! We will be sure to let you know as soon as possible. Good job! It takes a lot of guts just to come out here and audition." Tim said.
      The girl smiled and left the room.
      Tim sighed, organizing the audition papers. He flipped the page on his list just as the door opened and the next actor came in.
      I didn't even bother to look back, now accustomed to the auditions.
      I was still staring down into my now cold cup of coffee as the actor walked towards the front of the room.
     Tim smiled, "What's your name?"
     "Olivia Rodrigo." She said nervously.
      I looked up.
      It was the same girl in the auditions hall. She was flushed and kind of nervous. Her eyes were scanning the room until she finally stopped on me.
      I could feel my cheeks heating up as I remember that she had caught me earlier staring at her.
      It seemed that similar thoughts were going through her head as she also blushed.
     Tim picked up on this awkward exchange and looked over at me curiously. Then thankfully he brushed it off.
     "So we are just gonna run through the auditioning script and see what you've got. Okay? Just breathe and relax. Give it your best shot!" Tim smiled.
     Olivia immediately seemed more relaxed. She had on a serious look as she began to recite her lines.
     She was really good, taking on the persona almost flawlessly. She conveyed so much emotion and authenticity, I had to remind myself that this was just acting.
      The next portion of the audition was vocals.       Almost as if on cue, she performed almost a perfect rendition of Breaking Free from the original movies.
      She finished. There was silence in the room. Dead silence.
      Suddenly I could hear clapping. Wait no. That was me. I was clapping for her!
Through the corner of my eye, I could see Tim start clapping too. I could almost see the gears moving in his head.
      However nothing could match up to the look Olivia was giving me on stage. My heart fluttered a bit when she smiled right at me. Not just a grin but a full smile.
      Finally Tim spoke, "Wow. Liv. That's alright if I call you Liv right?" Liv nodded. He continued, beaming, " I don't really know what I was expecting, but you easily surpassed my expectations."
      He paused. He glanced at me, then back at Liv. "I want to try something.... this is Josh. Wave Josh." I awkwardly waved at her. He continued, "I'm not sure if you know this but Joshua has already been casted. I want to try something."
"How much time do we have?" Tim asked his assistant.
"A couple more hours left." She replied back.
"Okay. I'm gonna give you and Josh a script. No need to memorize. I just want you to perform it for me." He nodded at me.
"Take thirty minutes, while I finish these auditions. You two can go into the room over there." He said, pointing to an empty room.
      He handed Olivia and I the scripts and pushed us in the direction of the room.
Wait. Wait just a minute.
It's just Olivia and I alone?
Shut up Joshua.
Don't mess this up, for her.

Olivia's POV
     I followed Joshua into the room and switched on the lights.
      I sat down in a chair while he sat down on the sofa.
      "You did a really good job out there, I could tell that he was impressed. I was." Josh spoke out, breaking the silence.
      "Thanks, I was so nervous. Who am I kidding I still am." I chuckled nervously. He laughed too.
      We practiced the lines, first just learning them, and then shortly after adding emotions.
      By now, both Joshua and I had gotten out of our seats and were acting through the scene.
      We were both laughing and smiling. I was having a really fun time, even though I was still very nervous.
      Josh was bouncing up and down, like a little kid, performing the lines. His curly hair was moving frantically and his deep brown eyes lit up.
      I was also really getting into the scene, barely needing the script anymore.
      I suddenly tripped on the rug. I was ready to feel the impact of the floor but I didn't happen. I felt myself in the strong embrace of Josh's arms.
"You okay?" He said, laughing. I could feel myself blushing and I giggled, "Yeah, thanks."
      I pushed myself out of his arms and recollected my bearings.
      He was really attractive, like in a totally platonic way. Probably that curly hair. Or those brown eyes.
He had a devilish smile on his face as he stood there. He looked like he was about to say something.
Thankfully Tim opened the door, breaking the awkward tension. He smiled at both of us.
"You guys ready? You look ready, let's get this going!" He said, excitedly.
Joshua looked at me smiling and gave me a thumbs up.
Well here goes nothing.
———————————————————————————

Leave a comment down below!!! What will happen next. Updating tmrw.