Chapter 19: Mother's Warmth

Looking himself in the mirror with a thin line formed in his lips. He fiddles some strands of his wet hair after taking a shower, leaning the other hand on the bathroom counter for support as he bends down to see himself more clearly.

He likes what he is seeing. It was an impulsive move to make but outcome didn't make him regret it either. Some tiny droplets escaping the tip of his locks that lands on his grey shirt making some visible spots all over it. He didn't paid attention to the mess as he just wanted to admire his work. He likes it. A lot. He pictures what his adorable little one might think of him once he sees the new look after days of not meeting each other. That made a tiny smile slipped into his cherry colored lips that eventually turned into a wide one.

A knock from the door cut him in his trance, not realizing the person who had already welcomed herself in after receiving no response for calling and knocking multiple times outside his room. She got worried for a minute, only to find his son looking intensely in the mirror and decided to wait for him to realize her presence which didn't come and ended up disturbing his daydream.

"Something interesting in the mirror?" She asked, leaning to the doorframe as she folded her arms against her chest smiling playfully.

"Mom... When did you—"

"Since the time you started grinning creepily with yourself. Do you like your face that much?" Teasing his son who's now tainted in red because of embarrassment.

"Y-You should have knock before barging in!" The boy protested stuttering.

"I just did." She replied playfully.

"I mean not here, but outside the room."

"Oh dear I've been calling you like million times but you didn't answer. Now I see why... You dyed your hair red." Then studied his son's appearance from head to toe which made the other shyly rub his neck and awkwardly wanders his eyes around.

"Please mom... Stop looking at me like that." The boy shifted back facing the mirror. He felt embarrassed being checked so closely and just decided to pick up the towel to dry off his hair. His mom walks towards him and snatched the towel away from his hold to do it properly herself.

"Why not? You look great in red. Girls would start swarming around you again because of this." Yohan tenses up with his mother's statement.

Sadly... I like a boy.

They stayed silent for a while, feeling the sudden awkward situation they were in until the lady broke off the silence.

"Yohan-ah... Is there something bothering you?" The boy felt uncomfortable even more hearing his mother's soft words. He don't usually receives this kind of moments with his mom because she were always busy at work. He finds the confrontation a bit nerve wrecking causing him to stay quiet and trying to brush off the question.

"Wooseok called me. He asked me about you since he can't contact you and you've been out of your dorm for days. He is worried and I am, too honey. Can't you tell mom the reason?" Mrs. Kim gave his son some assuring strokes in his arms, waiting for him to say what worries him. Yohan really wanted to, though he just wasn't so sure where to start.

First, he felt guilty for disappearing like that without telling his hyungs. He made them worried and now they are looking for him. Second, after the incident that night at the Song's residence he can't seemed to gather his thoughts properly and felt complicated about himself. He doesn't know how he will face Hyeongjun normally when it pains him knowing the younger warms himself more to Seungyoun. There's a wave of jealousy building up and he doesn't know what to do. He's scared that he might do something reckless being a mess he is right now and that is why he decided to stay at home to think and collect himself together even though he's been missing the young one so badly. However, the thing that worries him more at the moment is the thought of his mother knowing his feelings.