The Car Ride Back

********************************************
Hey guys, I'm actually keeping up with what I had said! What a shocker! So I'm sorry if these chapters are short, I do basically everything for this story on mobile, that's including the typing beforehand (I do it on Google Docs, it's just easier). It's hard to tell how long the parts are because it's just scrolling with no page breaks, so yeah. I'll try to type more so that the parts are longer.
********************************************
Dean PoV

After he had left Sam in that section of the library, Dean had went to go see if there was anyplace he could get a decent cup of coffee. He walked about a block before he found a coffee stand. After getting his cup, he walked back to the library. Just as he was walking in, a guy about his height (his normal height, not Sammy's height) decided to start flirting with him.

'This could be fun,' he thought. It didn't really go into much, seeing as how Sam had stopped him once he saw what was going on. After they were back in the Impala headed back to the motel, Sam finally spoke up. "Seriously Dean?" he asked.

"What?" Dean said, as he played innocent and put Sam's puppy dog eyes to work.

"You seriously were flirting with a guy in my body?! Come on man, we had rules," Sam whined.

"Rules were no haircuts and no doing anything that will be remembered forever," Dean reminded him. "No rules against flirting. And if that paper sticking out of the witchcraft book is anything to go off of, I'd say you did a little flirting yourself and got a number." At that, he looked pointedly at the paper he mentioned.

"She flirted with me and gave me her number. I tried not to flirt back," Sam said.

"Ah, so it was a girl. Was she at least cute?" Dean asked. Hey, he might be into another guy, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't notice girls anymore. He looks, he just doesn't touch.

"Dean!" Sam exclaimed. "Okay, she was pretty cute," he admitted sheepishly. Dean looked at him knowingly and took a drink of his coffee. "So what the hell are we supposed to do about this? We didn't fix anything and the angels are probably wondering where we are, it's been a little less than an hour," Sam said.

"Well, we could go back to plan one, act like each other until we figure this entire thing out. That'll probably buy us some time and less suspicion," Dean told him. 'If we had their help we might figure this out quicker, but it'll be fun to see if they even notice,' he added in his mind. As Sam pulled into the parking lot of the motel, Dean saw Cas's car in the spot it had been the night before. "Looks like they're back from wherever they were," Dean said as he nodded at the car.

"Yeah, okay, so you ready for this?" Sam asked, turning to Dean before opening the door of the Impala.

"Yeah, yeah. 'I'm Sammy. I'm ridiculously tall and in desperate need of a haircut and I won't let my brother give me one. I also eat like a rabbit,'" Dean mocked.

"Okay smart ass. 'I'm Dean, I'm short and refuse to leave the topic my brother's hair length. I'm in love with an angel but refuse to admit it,'" Sam said. 'Am I that obvious?' Dean wondered.

"Come on Sammy, let's get going. The angels aren't going to wait for us forever," Dean huffed as he opened the door and got out.

"Struck a nerve there, huh Dean?" Sam grinned as he followed Dean to the motel room.

"Shut up, bitch," Dean said.

"So I did. Jerk," Sam replied.

"Shut up and get in character," Dean said. Sam walked ahead of him and put his room key into the lock. When they walked in, Dean saw Cas sitting on his bed and Gabriel sprawled across a chair on the side of the room.