Another Life

"You invited, Junmyeon?!" Chu yelped, taking a step back as she processed the news.

Jennie instantly grew worried that Junmyeon's presence would be upsetting for Chu, so she tried to fix the situation.

"I'm sorry!" she said. "I can tell him not to come. He doesn't have to come if you don't want him to."

"No!" Chu suddenly said, startling Jennie. "Sorry, no. It's fine, I just–" Chu paused. She shook her head as a smile appeared on her lips and Jennie relaxed at the sight of it. "I haven't seen him in so long," Chu said. "I... I've missed him."

Jennie's heart swelled at that. Sure she wasn't in the exact same position as Chu, but she could relate to what she was feeling. Jennie had left her best friends back at her old school and missed them dearly every single day.

Chu's eyes suddenly widened, then, and she looked at Jennie, "You think he'll be able to see me?"

"Oh," Jennie hadn't thought about that. "I don't know. Maybe?" She shrugged, "Lisa was able to see you."

"Yeah," Chu said, her body suddenly deflating, "but Aubrey wasn't," she pointed out. "Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up."

Jennie placed a comforting hand on Chu's back. It had already been a long shot that Lisa was able to see Chu. The odds of Suho seeing her too were probably slim to none. Jennie didn't want Chu to get disappointed, so maybe it was best if she didn't get her hopes up.

"Well, I haven't told him about you being here," Jennie said. "Maybe you should stay in the other room when he comes." Chu furrowed her brow, so Jennie continued. "At least until I explain everything and how I'm able to see you." Jennie snickered, "I don't want him to think I'm crazy right off the bat."

Chu grinned, "But you are crazy."

Jennie gasped, "Hey!" she said, smacking Chu's arm, playfully. "I am not!"

"I mean," Chu shrugged, "you are currently talking to a ghost right now, so..." She smirked at Jennie and the redhead narrowed her eyes at her.

"That is so not fair," she said.

Chu laughed, "Yeah, okay," she said. "I guess that's not fair."

They continued their laughter for a moment, until Jennie's phone went off and they looked at each other with equally stunned expressions.

"Oh, shit," Chu said, her hands nervously clenching. "Is he here?"

Jennie took out her phone and unlocked it to read the text message. She looked back up at Chu and nodded.

"Yup."

"Okay," Chu said, suddenly appearing nervous. "Okay, I guess I'll just, uh–" Chu started to step backwards, "I guess I'll just... wait in here."

Jennie smiled at her, "Okay." She turned to make her way back up the stairs and replied to Suho's message, telling him to meet her at the front door.

When Jennie opened it, she was surprised to find Suho looking stunned and confused.

"Wait," he said, "you live here?"