CH 26: Blueberry

Lucy Parker Pov

The guard's body hits the polished floorboards with a heavy thump and a smirk stretches lips thin with satisfaction. 

'Hall's clear.' I inform the girls with my newly formed pack link. 

'Underneath windows are clear too.' Jenna adds sounding far too pleased with the fact. 

'Front door and out front are free real estate.' Mia jokes as I hear her footsteps coming back up the stairs. 

"And they were worried about our safety." I scoff as Mia's grinning face comes into view. 

'I'll meet you guys out front, you think we need any weapons and shit?' Jenna mumbles through the link. 

'Nah, we're shifters our weapons are claws and fangs.' Mia declares as we descend the stairs to the front door.

'Wait, did anyone take out Ja-' Jenna's words get cut off as we hear a thud from the other side of the door. 

"Shit, we forgot about Jay." Mia whispers harshly, clenching her fists angrily at our misstep. 

" We forgot about Jay." I repeat in agreement. 

I creep slowly towards the door, trying to make my footsteps as light and soundless as possible. Mia slides up beside me, trying to peep out of the small glass window on the door. We both lean in to get a closer look but as soon as our faces get close enough the door swings open, forcing us to jump back. 

"Hello, ladies." I cringe at his smug tone. 

Jenna struggles weakly in his firm hold, a pissy frown pulling harshly at her brows. Mia sighs next to me, putting a stressed hand to her forehead. 

"I hope you don't expect us to surrender." I tease, taking a daring step towards him. 

"Never." He grins back but his eyes look conflicted. 

A frown tugs at my brow as I asses him, trying to find the source of his internal conflict. Jay's grin drops as an almost pained expression takes over his features and a heavy sigh pushes past his lips. 

"You don't even know where you're going, but that won't stop you." My jaw drops slightly as he drops Jenna's arms and steps back, raising his hands in surrender. 

"Head northeast for about 30 minutes, when you hit the old wood cabin turn left then just run straight till you hit the stream, follow it to the lake and you'll find the rouge pack. " He explains quickly, looking around as if waiting for an ambush. 

"Why are you helping us?" Mia asks head tilted slightly in suspicion but a grateful grin already tugs at her cotton candy lips. 

"You've got an hour head start then I send out the beacon and come after you, got it?" He brushes off the question with a simple shake of his head. 

"Thank you, so so much." I grin widely at the brunette placing a friendly hand on his shoulder as I walk past.

"Of course, I couldn't just let the most badass Luna this pack's ever seen sit on the sidelines." A smile finally breaks through his serious exterior as we rush into the trees, his arm raising in a mock salute. 

"Well we can't thank you enough for having more common sense than those meatheads, but I guess Mia can..." Jenna calls back with a cheeky wink, a playful smirk covering her features as Mia slaps her arm. 

"Hey!" 

"59 minutes!" 

"Let's get going girls, we've got boys to prove wrong."