Epilogue (Part 1)

Lucy Parker Pov

"I hate you!"

"You wish you could!" I splutter out between choked giggles. 

Xavier's emerald eyes sparkle up at me, slightly reddened by the chlorine. He looks like a god, even drenched to the bone after my little prank, clothes stuck flash against his skin as he struggles to stay afloat in thick cotton and denim. What can I say, physically I am 20, mentally I am still 8 years old and when the opportunity to push my mate into the pool arises, I take it. 

"You're so lucky your laugh is cute enough to get you off the hook." He growls teasingly, extending a hand for me to pull him out of the aquamarine water.

His golden ring glistens in the late afternoon sun as my hand clasps his, my matching one standing out against my untanned skin. We never officially got married, simply because there was no point.  The jewellery is a nice visual representation apart from the bitemarks in our necks; I'll admit it, I like sparkly things, it's the magpie in me. We love each other and marking and mating is the werewolf equivalent to marriage, the only real use would be from a legal standpoint but... we live in the woods. Everything about the concept is so very human and we are so very far removed from that entire society now; I can't say I mind. 

"Let me give you a hand there, you're the lucky on-Aaah!" My snarky remark is cut short as the bastard uses his firm grip to tug me into the pool with him. 

'You really fell into that one.' Faith drawls, tone dripping with disappointment. 

'And you let me, the bitch is just lucky I didn't have my phone on me.' I tease back.

Xavier's muscular arms wrap around my waist as soon as I break the surface, spluttering and cursing. I squirm in his grip, slapping at his soaking chest and cursing him to the moon goddess and back. 

"You bastard!"

"Heyyyy, you love me remember?" He cuts off my rant, pulling me closer sweetly. 

I turn in his grasp, wrapping my arms almost threatening around his neck. Staring deeply into his gleaming gemstone eyes I can't keep the grin off my lips. I'm weak for this stupid, stupid man.

"Mmm, aren't you lucky." I murmur, drawing his lips to mine for a soft kiss. 

The sparks fly like they always do, the feeling now familiar and comforting has never dulled overtime. His lips are ever so slightly chapped and he tastes strongly of chlorine and the watermelon we had been stuffing ourselves with under the hot summer sun; It's bliss.

"Oi! Get a room you two!" 

My head snaps towards the teasing tone, lips parting with a gross smack. I'm met with the sight of my grinning sister, dressed in an earthy-toned one piece and bathed in the fiery summer sunshine.

"Oh like you're any better!" I throwback as I pull myself awkwardly over the edge of the pool, slapping myself down on the concrete with a tired sigh. 

As if on cue, Tyler comes strolling up beside her in a striking red bikini and throws an arm over my suddenly bashful looking sibling. Serves the bitch right. They are undeniably cute though, with matching mating marks on their collarbones and soft smiles on their lips. I'm glad everything finally worked out for my terrifying sibling if anyone could handle her, It's the human (er-werewolf) firecracker we call Tyler Wright. 

"Yeah, am I supposed to pretend I didn't see you two when I stumbled into the kitchen looking for some water at the crack of dawn this morning?" Xavier accuses, drawing attention to himself as he pulls himself from the pool like som graceful adonis, I knew I should've used the fucking ladder too.