Chapter 8

Author: Yay I finallt have a book cover ^-^ hope you like it-----"And how do you do a kiss?" I asked one last time

-----
"And how do you do a kiss?" I asked one last time.

"By placing your lips with the person you like?" He answered more with a question I widen my eyes as I found out that I was in love with the King.

"Oh no, I'm in love with the King!" I exclaimed.

"The King? I thought you never followed any of his rules? And on top of that, you hate his guts right?" He questioned and I nod.

"Yes! That's it! I get annoyed whenever I see his face and I just want to rip his head off! It's a feeling that I feel towards him which I don't feel the same way towards anybody else!" I explained and he started laughing.

"It's not that type of feeling, the feeling that I'm talking about is when you feel butterflies flying inside your stomach and your heart is beating so loud and fast that you could feel it coming out of your chest anytime. Also when you kiss that special someone of yours, you could feel fireworks coming out in the sky and it's the best feeling you will ever have in your entire life." He started explaining and I think I'm kinda getting what he was trying to say.

"Oh, I see. Stay here, I will just go and kiss the King to see if your theory is correct." I quickly stood up.

"Wait, that's not what I meant-" He tried stopping me but I was already far from him.

From what he said, I got the part that when you love someone, you get a different feeling towards them. I always get different feelings when the King is around. Annoyed, anger, disappointment, those are the feelings that I feel when he's near.

So I have to make sure that I'm not in love with him and the only way to prove that is to kiss him. If I don't see fireworks coming out the sky, then it means that I am not in love with him and that is a good thing because I don't like him at all.

I found him in his room, reading some... board games. He noticed my presence but he ignored me so I took this chance to sat in front of him. He then finally gave his attention to me.

"What are you doing here." He demanded an answer.

"Are you in love with me?" I asked him and not a single expression was shown on his face.

"You, what is this nonsense girl is talking about?" He ignored me and asked Pouf, whom I forgotten that he was in the same room as us.

"Love? From what I can-" I didn't let Pouf finishes his sentence, I pulled the King towards me and placed my lips onto his while closing my eyes.

I could feel his body tensing up at my sudden move, but he did not do anything. After about three seconds, I pulled away and looked up the sky and saw no sign of fireworks.

"Hmm, I am so glad that I am not in love with you." I told him and he was just staring intently at me.

Pouf on the other hand, was shocked at what he just witnessed. I don't know why though. Without wasting anymore time, I stood up and started walking away.

"Hey you!" The King called out and I looked over my shoulder. "What have you done to me?"

I couldn't understand what he was saying so I turned around and faced him.

"What do you mean? All I did was kiss you. I was wondering if I was in love with you, according to my new friend Pokkle, if fireworks started appearing when you kiss your special person, then it is a sign that you are in love with that person. I didn't see any fireworks so... I am not in love with you." I explained then left without another word.

When I went back to the library, Pokkle wasn't there anymore and the books that we were reading before was scattered into places.

"Oh no, I was gone for too long." I muttered and went back to where the King was before because I know that's where they'll be taking him.

I slammed the door open and saw Pokkle on Zazan's hands, with Pike beside her. They all looked at me as I entered and I walked straight to Zazan.

"Y/n!" Pokkle screamed in fear.

"Release him." I demanded her and she giggled.

"I'm sorry, you are?" She questioned.

"Y/n, the fourth Royal Guards of the King." As soon as I told her who I was, she widened her eyes.

"Are you sure you're one of the Royal Guards, or are you a rare human." She still didn't believed me.

I released a powerful En and she finally got scared, causing her to let go of Pokkle.

"Mind my manners Y/n-domo, but I am one of Pitou's assistant so I follow her orders." She sarcastically said but I only rolled my eyes.

I took Pokkle's hand and put him behind me, I could see the King's eyes watching intently at me but I ignored him.

"But Y/n-domo, he is a rare human. In the King's eyes, he is food." Zazan tried explaining but I didn't listen.