Chapter 3

You and the King both look at each other before you look away immediately, not really interested watching how he eats the human beings.

"This is all wrong." The King said.

"Might I offer some advice?" Pitou ask while walking forward a bit while putting her hand close to her chest.

The King turned his body to her, indicating that he was listening.

"The brain is the most delicious part of a human. So I'd recommend dispatching a prey without harming the head." Pitou stated.

"Is that so?" The King turned to a child and you saw this.

"Oh come on, he's just a ki-" Before you can even finish your sentence, the King lunge his tail towards the heart of the poor, scared child.

"Like this?" The King ask then walk towards the child.

"Tch... monster." You mumbled and the King heard you but decided to ignore you.

He continued his way towards the child and you watch in disgust as he took the brain off the child and put it in his mouth. You saw that the other three Royal Guard were watching in amaze as the King eats his suffer.

You rolled your eyes to them but they didn't notice then your attention went back to the King, hoping that he would finally be satisfied with his meal so he won't go killing other innocent human beings anymore. 

You didn't know why the other Royal Guards didn't seem to be affected but you wish that they could see your point of view that killing random living things was bad, but you knew to yourself that all they care is to protect and please the King with everything he needs and wants.

"I see... this is not so bad." The King stood up after he tasted the brain of the child. "However, it is still inedible when compared to a rare human."

You rolled your eyes again at the displease King in front of you. You didn't know why he wouldn't just be content with the food he had back at the place that you were all born. Pitou went on her knees with a smile on her face.

"Might I offer more advice. There is a way to identify rare humans. If you use-" Pitou didn't manage to finish her sentence as the King strike her with his tail.

You widen your eyes as he did that and was thankful enough that he didn't manage to decapitate Pitou's head.

"Do you insult me? I am aware that if I focus, I can see the energy around their bodies. The volume of energy reveals their strength." The King exclaim.

"Please forgive my insolence." Pitou bowed her head as she apologizes and you clench your hand.

"Simply finding and consuming them is not entertaining. I enjoy the moments before eating before it is clear whether the human is rare or not since I already alleviated my hunger. Incidentally Pitou, you are quite strong." Pitou look up to the King. "I was trying to kill you. You have earned my respect."

"I am unworthy." Was all Pitou said before bowing her head as a respect.

The King smirk at her but it soon disappeared when you couldn't take it anymore and started to talk.

"Unworthy your face Green tail! You're suppose to be the one who's ashamed of yourself for hitting, no, trying to kill someone who is giving willing to give their life to protect you! What kind of a King are you?!" You questions while running towards Pitou.

'If Pitou-san wasn't that strong, her head would have been taken off!' You thought while making your left hand glow and placing it on Pitou's face to heal the damage that the King gave her.

After you removed your hands away from her, her face was good as new. Pitou mouthed a 'Thank you' before standing up. You then face the King while crossing your arms at him.

"Now tell me, what kind of a King are you? A king who save the world, or a King that destroy the world?" You ask while keeping a confident glare on your face. "If you can give me an answer that will satisfy me, I will reconsider on protecting you and fulfill my purpose of being your Royal Guard. But if not, then you can expect me to never respect you as the King that I'm suppose to protect."

There was a moment of silence between you and the King. Suddenly, the King started laughing. You gave him a confuse look before his laugh died down and he lock his purple eyes into your e/c eyes.

"Why do I need to prove you what King would I want to be when I can show you? Besides, I don't need you as my Royal Guards, I can conquer the world on my own! I will make every human beings as my servant and I will be at the top of the food chain!" The King replied and you sigh while rubbing your temple.

"As expected." You then stood up straight while glaring at the King. "If that's the case, then I will stop you from doing it! I will eliminate you right here, right now."

At the challenge that you gave, the King slowly glared at you while the three Royal Guards gave you wide eyes.

"But Y/n-" Pitou tried to make your mind change but the King put out a hand to make her stop talking.

"If that's what you want. Besides, after I defeat you, I will eat your brain. You seem to be a pretty decent meal." The King said and you smirk.

"P-lease, as if I'm going to let you win. I won't allow you to treat the human beings as your own servants and be at the top of the food chain." You fires back.

'I won't let anyone treat the human beings as a food! Everyone has a life and that life has to be respected by others!' You thought as you went into fighting stance.