Truths

"Go home Milo." Isa ordered.

"Not until I have my answer." Milo was being very demanding. He had been there fore a few hours now. He was being very resilient.

"If you don't, you'll be arrested." Isa warned. Jessie could hear her mother arguing with someone else she could of swooned she recognized the voice. Kind of like Milo.

Jessica was 20 years old now. Older and more rebellious than her teenage years to be honest. She had a bigger sense of adventure than her mother ever thought she would get. Isa didn't understand where it came from.

"Mom?" Jessie entered the throne room. She found only Isa and Milo without a guard in sight. Isa was standing on the foot of the throne. She did not look pleased with Milo's presence.

"Jessica what is it?" Isa asked her calmly. Milo looked at Jessie with a frown. It didn't seem he was handling the argument very well.

"Whose this?" Jessie walked over to Isa, giving Milo a slight glare.

"This is Milo." Isa introduced him. "He is the Inn keeper and he was just leaving." Isa turned back at Milo.

"Not until you tell me the truth! I refuse to leave without it."

"What is he talking about?" Jessie looked at her mother. Isa looked between Jessie and Milo. She had sworn she would never lie to her daughter. Never. It wasn't righteous.

Isa looked at Milo with great confidence and spilled it.

"Jessie this is Milo one of my former partners. Milo, this is MY daughter, Jessica."

"Wait....former??" Jessica looked at Milo.

"Milo I can guarantee you, you are not my daughter's father. If you were, I would of told you a LONG time ago."

"Wait what?!" Jessie was still majorly confused. Milo wasn't sure what to say. For years he was so sure Jessica was his daughter. He wanted it for years to be true.

Milo had known Jessica for such a long that he was sure. He was sure she got her adventurous spirit from him.

"I-Isa-" Milo began.

"Please, call me founder like everyone else does." Isa told him. Milo frowned but nodded before leaving. Jessica was so confused. Why did Milo suddenly want to know? Why was this happening?

"Mom-" Jessie looked her mom. Isa sighed and sat down, making room for her daughter. Jessie sat beside her. "Who is my dad if he isn't?"

Isa looked at her daughter. Jessica had grown to be such a beautiful young woman. Once she takes the throne she'll have men and women lined up around the entire island to win her heart. She was proud of the woman she was, aside the rebellious and adventurous side of her anyway. She'll out grow it. Isa told herself.

"Honestly sweetheart, I'm not sure." Isa frowned. "For a long time, I too wished Milo had been your father all these years." Jessie looked surprised. "All I can really remember is having you and then finding Benedict. When you were 4  years old people started showing up on our small island, including Milo. But I had met Milo years before, I yet do not know how our people showed up on our world."

"Wait....so no one is really from here?" Jessie asked. Isa shook her head.

"But that is a secret we must keep within the castle walls. If it goes out to our people, there's no telling what chaos it can cause. Understood?" Jessica nodded. Isa smiled and kissed her daughter's forehead. "Let's get some rest." Isa stood and stepped off the throne. Jessie followed suit.

I know these chapters are short but trust me the next chapter will be longer (hopefully)