Part 6

(Y/N POV)

"What is that?" I ask in surprise. The green light doesn't seem to be an explosion, but more just a beam of light. "I don't know..." Peter says, still staring in the distance. He turns to me. "Home. Now." He says. "No WAY! You could get hurt! If I go home you go home. Obviously the Avengers will take this one." I protest. Something -what looks to be little ships of some sort- start coming out of the beam. Me and Peter look, then look back at each other. "I have super powers. You don't. We made a deal. No." He says sternly. He stands up and puts on his mask. I stand up and put on mine, crossing my arms stubbornly. "Don't pull the pouty face on me. You're going home. Now come on." He gestures for me to come over so he can swing me home. I sigh and get on his back, then he hops off the building, and swings us away.

As we're swinging, he gets a call. I smush my face to his so I can hear the conversation even though I'm not wearing the mask. "Kid, we need you. It's weird aliens. Again." Tony says with an annoyed tone. "I gotta take Lottie home Mr. Stark, I'll be there as soon as I can." Peter says. "No we need like immediate back up kid. Maybe Charlotte could help?" He offers. I wiggle and try to make sure Peter knows that I'm willing him to say yes. "Charlotte sit still- and no Mr. Stark, I don't want her hurt sir." Peter says. I scoff. "I can go! Just let me this one time!" I yell over the wind. "Lottie, I said no!" Peter yells back. Natashas voice comes through Peter's comm. "Peter, we need every hand we got. I believe she's ready. Do you trust me?" She says. "With all due respect ma'am, absolutely not. Not when she could die and has barely been through training. She could have a fainting spell easily." He says.

"So what?! All those times you were 'so proud of me' and 'I'm making good progress' wasn't worth it?!" I shout. "Of course you're making progress! But not enough to go parading around with superheroes!" He thwips another web as we swing. "That's pretty hypocritical Peter!" I say. "I. Have. Powers! You are human! Just because you have a curse, doesn't mean you have powers." He lands on a roof top. "Your house is a block from here, so don't wear your mask, and walk home safe." He orders. "No! I'll get to the fight WITHOUT your help. So leave me here, while I walk several blocks alone and at night to get to a dangerous mission!" I argue. "I really, did not want to have to do this. But fine then." He pushes me against the wall of the door way that leads to the stair well of the building. Our faces get really close together, and he holds my hands down. I glare at him.

"What are you gonna do? Kiss me?" I roll my eyes. "As much as I'd like to, I don't have enough time to." He backs away from me. I go to pull away from the wall, but I'm stuck. I look at my wrists, and they're bound to the wall by Peter's webs. I gasp. "Peter Benjamin Parker! You get me out of this right now!" I shout at him with a stomp of my foot. "Charlotte. You're not going. I'll be back to get you out of this after we clean up what's happening." He says with a quiet, 'no arguments' tone. "And if you guys end up going on some crazy adventure and I'm still stuck here??" I ask. "It only lasts two hours. And I'll send your mom your location." He says, then jumps off the building and swings away. I'm going to murder him. Webbing me to a wall? That's too far. I tug at the webs. They don't losen. I groan in frustration. "Who's out here?" An old voice yells. "I'm over here! Can you help me out of this!" I call out.

An old man with gray hair and a mustache, wearing aviator type glasses comes around the corner. "What are you doing out here? You kids are always getting into trouble." He shakes his head with a tsk. "Can you please get these off for me?" I ask. "Alright alright. Let me see here." The man comes over, and pulls out a little pocket knife. It's not sharp, and his hands are slightly shaky, so it's painfully slow waiting for him to cut through the webs. "What in Gods name is this kinda rope anyway?" He asks, as the last of the webs are cut away. I avoid the question. "Thank you so much sir." I say, he nods and lifts his hand in a wave as I walk away. "You sure you're alright out here alone? News is saying there's aliens running around again or something." He asks. "I'll be fine sir." I nod. I get down to the street, and start sprinting towards the green glowing beam, putting my mask on as I go.

(Peter POV)

I hated leaving Charlotte there, and she's going to be furious with me, but I'm not just gonna take that risk. I finally make it to the battle, and tons of stuff is going on. The Avengers are spread out, fighting aliens here and there. The crazy thing is though, the aliens are almost cute. They're little Yoda looking things. "Mr. Stark! It's a colony of Yoda's!" I laugh as I join the other Avengers on the ground. One of the aliens jumps at me and starts clawing me. "Agh! Evil Yoda's!" I say, and web up the one that was attacking me, and any other ones I can. Three of them are coming at Steve all at once. I web them up and swing them away from him. "Guess they joined the Dark Side huh?" I joke. "Kid, if you make Star Wars jokes during this fight I'm taking your suit." Tony says, half joking.

"Okay, okay." I laugh, then we keep fighting. We seem to have put a pretty big dent in them. Then suddenly, the beam stops shining. And a whole pile of more aliens comes from where the beam was. Welp, the package has been delivered. We charge at them and keep fighting. "Charlotte! Heads up!" I hear Natasha say over the comms. I punch another alien. "Sorry, excuse my hearing, it must be getting a little bad, but did I just hear Charlotte's name?" I say sarcastically. One of the aliens gets on my back, clawing, while another one comes at me in front. I struggle a little. I punch and kick at the one on the front, and try to squirm the one on my back off. Then the alien is kicked away off my back, and the one in front of me gets shot by Natasha. I turn around. Charlotte is standing there with her hands on her hips.

"What the h*ll are you doing here?!" I shout over the gunshots and mini explosions. "I'm helping if you couldn't tell!" She yells back sassily. "You're not strong enough to handle this yet!" I say. "Oh so now I'm weak?!" She glares. "You KNOW that's not what I mean! This is the dumbest thing you have ever done!" I throw my hands up in frustration. "AND I'm dumb!" She scoffs. "Charlotte Darcy!" My anger peaks. "Guys! Save the lovers quarrel for later and give us a hand!" Clint calls out. I huff with annoyance and narrow my eyes at Lottie. "Stay with Nat." I say, then turn back to help. "Why are you so bossy?" She says into the comms as she fights next to me. "I'm not bossy, I'm smart enough to tell you to stay home and be safe, but instead you pick the stupid thing to do." I punch an alien hard enough to knock it back a few feet.

Then green light beam comes back on. "Well that's just great. More company." Lottie says with that signature hero sarcasm that everyone uses. "Don't try to lighten the mood with sarcasm. You're not even supposed to be here." I roll my eyes, even though you can't tell I did through my mask. "Why are you so mad that I'm here?! It's not the end of the world!" She yells defensively. It would be if she got hurt. But I don't say that. I just shake my head and turn back to the fight. But then the ground gives a big rumble. Suddenly, out of the beam, comes a huge praying mantis looking alien, with red glowing eyes and huge snappy claws. "What in the WORLD?!" Charlotte practically screams. "See what I mean by danger!" I shout. The giant alien lunges for us with its claws. I grab Lottie quickly and swing us out of the way. Before I can land, it snips my web with its other claw and we start to plummet to the ground....