Chapter 5

I woke up in a bed that wasn't mine for the second time this week, I saw a man in a white cloak, a doctor, I tried to move.

The doctor turned to me and said "no, don't move, the cast is still drying. A heck of a fall you took"

"I thought that I only had scratches"

"Much more, you broke your left leg and you have a cut on your hairline that will leave a scar"

"How did I get here?"

"A young boy brought you by hand, he put some bandages on your wounds, you were already out when you came in"

A nurse came in and told the doctor something.

"Well, it seems as if there is a big group of kids waiting to come and see you, can I let them in?"

I nodded

He opened the door and Daphne, Amber, Emma, Dean and the boy that helped me all came in.

"Oh! Chris, how is your leg?" Daphne asked

"Um, good, I don't feel it"

"Thank god Eve was there to help you"

I turned to Eve, the kid that helped me "thank you" I said quietly, "How long did I sleep?"

"You didn't sleep too much, it is only Saturday morning," Dean said.

"Oh"

"We brought you something," he said and pulled out a box and opened it.

"Chocolate!" I said "thank you" I took a piece and put it in my mouth.

"Can I take one?" asked Eve

"Yes, of course, you can all take"

They each took a piece and ate it. We sat on my bed until noon when the nurse came and said I needed to rest. They promised that they will come back the next day.

Five weeks later my cast was off and I got to go back to my room. I got to my room and opened the door.

"Surprise!" yelled Daphne, Emma, Amber, Eve and Dean "welcome back to the walking society!"

"Thank you guys"

"We got you a present," said Amber. She gave me a present wrapped with paper with bells on it.

I opened it and found a big mirror.

"Wow! It is beautiful!"

I set it on the wall and stepped back.

"And it is magnetic so you can put pictures on it," said Emma "we have the first one"

She handed me a picture with a magnet on the back. The picture was from a week ago when they came to visit me and took a picture of all of us.

I put it on the mirror and turned back to them.

"There, it is on"

They all gasped.

"What? What happened?" I asked

"Your eyes," said Daphne "one turned green!"

I looked at the mirror, she was right. One of my light blues eyes had turned forest green, in an instant. I stood there and stared at my reflection. Then my eyes strolled to my hairline and the scar.

~~

Like in every morning since it happened. I stood in front of the mirror and looked at my eyes, then my gaze strolled to the scar at my hairline. The mirror was covered in pictures of us over the years, some with Daphne, Emma and Amber, some with Eve, some with Dean. But most were the pictures of all six of us, amazing how many pictures we took in eleven years.