He has arrived(edited)

Girl, get a hold of yourself, stop hiding out, stop bickering about your past, you survived, stop abusing your body, stop overthinking about what happened, scrub away the pain and tears of yesterday, pray for whatever is bothering you, and start over, you are strong and beautiful, after all, you are Almighty's creation; never let people walk over you.

People's opinions do not define your reality.

This book is participating in the Stary Contest in Dreame; all chapters are available for free; please go to Google and enjoy reading.
Thank you for always supporting me.
Please support me with comments over there I will be updating daily as there is a contest going on.
Thank you

***

AHLAM.

I took a quick look around the exquisitely decorated room they showed me when they took me under their loving wing. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be living in a house this extravagant.

Inside my room was a lavishly large hand-carved bed, adorned with colorful cushions and a dainty white hand-sewn blanket. Opposite the bed, on the wall, was a 65-inch curved Smart Samsung TV. Beneath it was a massive wooden fireplace with an array of vibrant, multi-sized floor cushions; it looked so cozy, I thought. The purple lounger I had been sitting on earlier was at the foot of the bed, and next to the white marble ensuite bathroom stood an antique dresser table.

Double patio doors on the right side of the room opened onto a tiny but lovely balcony scented with jasmine and fragrant Clematis Armadii climbers that clung to the patio wall and in between the balcony rails. The walls were painted a neutral off-white color, showcasing pictures of their lovely landscaped garden and a bookshelf filled with a variety of novels on subjects ranging from religion to mystery to romance.

My late father's family was not wealthy when he started the business with my brother, but we were in the top ten when he ran it effectively and creatively.

We were eternally grateful for everything that Allah had bestowed upon us. Unfortunately, it is in our nature as humans to constantly complain, regardless of our circumstances or lack thereof, and whether it rains or shines. Money cannot purchase happiness. How many people own lavish homes but experience neither love nor happiness?

May the Almighty lead us and make our hearts softer. Ameen.
I prayed while sitting on the bed for my departed family members, whom I sincerely missed. It seemed like only yesterday that the four of us were joyfully planning a trip aboard. When I thought back to that terrible and unforgettable darkest night of my life, tears started to well up at the back of my eyes.

A shiver ran down my spine, so I closed my eyes and held tight to the bedsheets as I tried to recall the incident's specifics. However, a knock startled me out of my reverie. "come in".

I answered quietly and calmly, and to my surprise, aunty Faiza had a big smile on her gentle, kind face. She was obviously very happy to have her son back after six years away, so I reasoned, why should not she? But little did she know what I had planned for her daughter Hania? The mission to avoid her son.

"I have brought gifts, Ahlam! Because you have been sick, we have not been on a wardrobe spree for you, so I decided to buy you this lovely gown to wear today, if you do not mind. I believe it will fit you perfectly and cover you appropriately; I have noticed you always wearing long sleeves," she told me, kissing my forehead with excitement.

It was not until she wiped away my tears and gave me a hug that I realized I was crying.

"Please do not cry." Ahlam, I understand that you are in pain and that a lot of conflicting feelings are going through your head, but please, my dear, try not to let the signs of your tears ruin your lovely face. "Come now, come and join us downstairs, we are all waiting for you and the party will begin shortly - Oh!" she exclaimed, holding me at arm's length and wiping away the flow of tears I was crying. "I nearly forgot, I also bought you this," she said, passing me a gift bag stuffed with Clarins face creams and cosmetics. I gave her a hug in return for the gift, expressing my gratitude and love for her. How could I tell her that I just wanted to stay in my room? Why could not I muster the courage to tell her. Was it that I did not want to hurt her? How could I let her and her family down after everything they have done for me?