•5•

"So do you want to get dinner tonight?" He asks as we are driving home.

"Uh I cant tonight," I say. "I'm going out for dinner with Nick."

His hands tighten on the steering wheel and I see his jaw clench. It's like he is mad I'm going out with him.

"You are?" He asks. "I didn't think you guys were that close."

"Well we aren't," I say. "That's why we want to go out. To get to know each other."

"Ah," he says, "Are the rest of the boys going with you?"

"Not that I know of," I say, "I think it's just Nick and I for tonight."

"Well that will be nice," he says.

I nod my head and I smile. I wonder why he looks so mad because of me going out with Nick. Why should he care anyways? He shouldn't care.

Brandon turns the music up and we start singing along to the music. He seems fine the rest of the way, but definitely a little different. He isn't as happy now.

Once we get home I decide to get ready for my date with Nick. It's already 4:30, so I have an hour and a half to get ready for the date.

I put on a plain red dress that is very flowy. It's not super nice, it's just casual and cute. I only packed it for taking pictures on the beach. I love taking pictures in this dress in the wind. I curl my hair and I put on a small amount of makeup. I finish it with black flats. Altogether it looks really nice.

Once I'm completely ready I go downstairs to see Nick standing there. He is wearing a red pullover with black jeans. He has on white adidas and he looks so good.

He smiles and steps closer to me, "You look absolutely gorgeous."

I can feel my face heat up, "And you don't look too bad yourself."

He grins, "Are you ready to go?"

"More than ready," I say.

As we are about to walk out I see Brandon sitting at the kitchen table. He is drinking out of a bottle of whiskey and he looks pissed, sad, and very frustrated.

"Uh, Nick," I say while stopping, "I'll meet you out at the car." I look back at Brandon and he gets the hint. He nods his head and smiles a bit.

Nick walks out the front door and I go into the kitchen. "Hey, B." I say while standing next to him.

He takes another swig of the whiskey and looks up at me, "You look nice."

"What's wrong?" I say while sliding into the seat next to him. "Are you okay?"

"I think Ellie is going to break up with me and the person I love is moving on from me."

Wow. He is very drunk. What the hell is he talking about? Who does he love that's not Ellie?

His eyes are bloodshot and I wonder how long he has been drinking now. "Why would she break up with you?"

"Because I'm in love with someone else."

I look at him confused, "Why would you love someone other than Ellie?"

"Because I've loved her my whole life and I'm just super stupid. She doesn't deserve me."

"Who is it?" I ask.

"It's you, Ash."

I roll my eyes, "Okay, Brandon." I know he doesn't mean that because he is drunk as fuck. He has no clue what he is talking about and he is definitely going to regret this in the morning.