•7•

It's been about two weeks since Ellie left to go back home. I haven't really talked to Ashlyn much because I don't know what to say. We talk every day still, but it's not our usual selves.

She is definitely mad at me for being so distant with her, but she has Nick. And they are doing so good together. They go on dates almost every night and they are always together. I can't take that away from them. If she is happy then I have to let her go. I can't just walk in and take her away from Nick. That's definitely not the right thing to do.

"Yo, B!" I hear from the living room. I grab my bowl of chips and I walk out of the kitchen.

"What's up?" I ask Edwin while sitting down next to him on the couch.

"So are you ever going to tell us the real reason that Ellie went back home?" Zion asks.

I sigh, "It doesn't really matter."

"It kinda does," Austin says, "She legit just left and didn't even say anything to Ashlyn about it."

"What really happened?" Edwin asks.

"She knows that I'm in love with Ash, okay?"

Zion spits his drink out and looks at me shocked, "You are what?"

I roll my eyes, "Yes, I'm in love with Ashlyn. You guys can't tell her or Nick though."

"Does she feel the same?" Austin asks.

"Ellie says she does, but I don't know anymore. She is very happy with Nick. I wasn't fast enough and now I'm too late."

"We should get Nick to drop her," Zion says.

I laugh, "No. I'm not doing or saying anything to them. They are happy together and Ashlyn is my best friend. I'm not ruining that for her."

"You are right," Austin says.

I stand up, "I'll just have to deal with the pain."

"Just talk to her," Edwin says, "She really does miss you. I can tell she is hurting."

I smile a bit, "I will."

I then walk upstairs and I go into my bedroom. I lay down and I stare at the ceiling. This all sucks so much. I hate it more than anything. I just want her to not hate me.

[Ashlyn's POV]

Brandon hasn't talked to me since Ellie left and I don't know why. I wonder what she told him. She never even told me why she was leaving. Brandon didn't tell me either. It's like everyone here is just lying to me about everything.

I've had enough of all of this. I just want Brandon to talk to me. I want us to go back to how we were. To being best friends through thick and thin. I need him more than anything.

I get up from my bed and I storm down the hallway to his room. I open the door and he tilts his head up from his bed.

"Hey, Ash," he say quietly.

"Can we please talk?"

He sits up and pats the bed next to him. I sit down and I sigh, "Why do you hate me so much? What did I do this time?"

"What do you mean?" He asks, "You didn't do anything wrong and I don't hate you."

"Well you don't talk to me anymore and I just feel like you are always mad at me," I say, "Why won't you talk to me anymore?"

He sighs, "It's not easy to explain."

I roll my eyes and I wipe a few of my tears away, "How can it be that hard?"