•8•

I open the sliding door and I close it behind me. Nick sees me and he smiles. I start to walk onto the court and he runs over to me. He gives me a big hug a peck on the lips.

"Hi, baby girl. What are you doing?"

I smile very lightly, "Nothing really."

"Do you want to play?" He asks.

"Not really," I say looking down at the ground.

He shoots the ball and it bounces off the rim. He catches it and throws it back up putting it right in the net.

"Can we talk?" I ask.

He grab the ball and walks over to me again. The sweat glistens down his body and he just looks so good right now. I don't want to do this to him. I'm the worst person ever.

He grabs my hand and we sit down on the cement, "What's up, baby?"

"Please don't hate me," I say quietly.

"I could never."

The tears start to roll down my face before I can even tell him anything. He pulls me close to him and just holds me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"You know how you told that you got your heart broken so many times? And I told you that I wouldn't break yours?" I ask.

"Yes?"

"Well I have to break it," I say crying harder.

"Why?" He asks confused.

"I'm in love with Brandon," I say.

"What?" He asks surprised while pulling away, "You are?"

"Yes," I say, "I've loved him forever, but I never thought he felt the same way. When I started dating you I wanted to get over him and love someone new. That didn't work obviously."

"He loves you back?" He asks.

I nod my head yes and I wipe my face, "I'm sorry, Nick. I never wanted any of this to happen. I thought we had something, I really did. But it has always been Brandon."

He smiles and hugs me again, "Don't apologize to me. You can't help who you love. I knew you loved him, but I still wanted to try."

"How'd you know?" I ask.

"Because you look at him different," he says, "I could just tell in your eyes that you were in love with him."

"Now I feel dumb," I say laughing a bit.

"Well don't," he says, "I'm happy for you and I'm not mad at all. I'm a little upset, but I knew it was coming. I think we are just good friends anyways."

I smile, "I agree. So no hard feelings? We are good?"

He gives me another hug and kisses the top of my head, "We are completely fine and I mean that." He stands up and helps me up. "Now go get your price charming."

"Thanks, Nick."

He smiles and I quickly run into the house. I go upstairs to Brandon's room and he isn't in there. I go to Zion's room.

"He went to Mcdonald's."

I laugh and I sprint out the front door. I start running down the streets until I finally reach the Mcdonald's that isn't that far from the house.

I open the doors and I see him in line about to order his food. "Brandon!" I yell.

He turns his head and looks at me confused. Everyone around us looks at me like I'm stupid but I don't care at all. It also gets a bit quieter, but not that quiet.

I stand in front of him and I smile, "When we were little we always said we would get married one day as best friends."

He smiles, "Yea I remember that."

"Well now I want that to happen as best friends and lovers. I've loved you my entire life, but I was always too scared to tell you. I let Ellie win and I just alway dealt with the stupid ass pain myself. I never thought you would love me back and I always doubted what we had."

He quickly shuts me up my smashing his lips onto mine. Our lips move in sync as his arms wrap around me.

I pull away and we both smile. "I told you it would always be you over anything on this earth," he says.

                                   The end