The Ceremony

(Y/n)'s POV

Everything was such a blur. I completely blacked out as my life crumbled before me.

My father had returned....he expects me to "earn my mark"......my only fear is what that will entail....

My mind didn't reset until I was back in my dorm, the lingering aura of my father stayed and gave me chills with a wave of nausea.

This summer is gonna suck majorly!

Hopefully I might be able to spent my time at the Malfoy's, anything as a distraction.

I flopped down on my bed and let out a sigh and a tear. It's gonna be a long journey from now on.....and it starts with Cedric's funeral. I'm sure there will be a service at the school.

Noise came bursting into the common room and I knew the Slytherins had come back from the third task.

A knock came from out my room and I knew it was Draco, he always knocks in a tune.

"Riddle! Come on out, we have so much to tell you!" I couldn't tell if his voice was happy to shocked.

But I slowly dragged my self off my bed, abs opened the door.

"Wow, you don't look so good love" the blond gave me a sympathetic smile and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, guiding me to the sofas of the common room.

Most if not all the Slytherins were gathered around.

As we took a seat, it seemed like everyone wanted to say something, but like a force stopped them.

"So....what did you want to tell me?" I asked, already knowing what had happened.

They all looked at each other, like they were scared to tell me.

"The Hufflepuff...he died during the challenge" the head boy of Slytherin finally said.

I could feel my breath hitch silently, the horrible memory replaying.

"Yeah, the stupid git got himself killed, Potter returned with his body saying The Dark Lord killed him" A lot of them chuckled and/or hid their smirks, including Draco.

I could feel the angry rise as I stood up suddenly.

"Hufflepuff....stupid git....Potter....they have names you know! Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter! Both fellow students, and the representation of Hogwarts! Have you no pride....have you no shame! A fellow student has died....and you sit and laugh, it's disgraceful!" I ranted, face red and panting cause apparently breathing stops when you're angry.

Some bowed their head in shame, others rolled their eyes, including Draco, who I guess did both.

"There is a Ceremony for our fallen peer tomorrow morning, everyone is expected to attend" One girl fest up.

"Good, and I hope to see you all there" I glared at them and returned to my room, slamming the door.

Draco's POV

Lots winced when (Y/n) slammed the door, others just looked annoyed.

"Ugh, what's her problem, like we are meant to care for a Hufflepuff" Pansy tutted, not looking bothered at all.

I growled and slammed my hand on the arm of the sofa, "You imbeciles! She doesn't care for the Hufflepuff! You filthy vagabonds brought up her father! Now if you had any decency and respect for the Dark Lord, you'd leave his daughter alone" Everyone hummed in agreement before heading back to their rooms.

I sighed and gazed over the my girlfriends room, tomorrow was going to be a long one.

-Time skip brought to you by Bellatrix and the Mad Hatter having a political debate -

Third Person POV

All the students and teachers gathered in the Great Hall for the Ceremony.

Dumbledore stood before everyone, with a solemn look on his face.
"Today, we acknowledge. . . . . .a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know exceptionally hard-working, infinitely fair-minded and, most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. Now, l think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort!"

(Y/n) felt Draco grab her hand and give it a reassuring squeeze as they heard the whole school whisper and murmur, many turning their gaze towards her.

"The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, l think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me and reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues our hearts beat as one. ln light of recent events the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end"

When the ceremony was over, (Y/n) suddenly knew how Harry felt at the start of the Tournament.....completely isolated as people avoided her like the plague.

One thing (Y/n) knew for certain, was that from now on, life was going to be so much harder.....and it really wasn't easy before hand.....

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Just a note:
If anyone has seen, "The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance" and enjoyed it, please hmu 🥺 needdddddd someone to talk to about this amazing visual masterpiece 😍 (that and there needs to defiantly be more x reader imagines 😒)