Chapter 24

They sat on the restaurant facing each other. Only the table hindered their distance while they stared at the menu.

Sitting beside the window, the girl turned to the view of the road. Watching each and every person that passes by. They already ordered their fill, and as they wait for the meal to be cooked, she could only feel an awkward atmosphere seething in the air conditioned atmosphere.

She can't strike up a conversation as to evade saying anything to Ushijima if she ever slip up words she didn't intend to. Yet no matter what topic she could find in her delirious brain, it didn't seem to be giving her anything good to start with... which is why, they ended up staring at the view outside the window.

Few minutes later, their order finally came. Some change in the menu as they faced the round pizza and two plates of pasta in front of them.

The girl stared at it hesitantly while Wakatoshi was waiting for her to give the initiative for them to start eating. "Wakatoshi-senpai. Are you going to be fine?" She asked.

He nodded. "It's alright, Cia. I can lose weight when I want to." Reassuring her, he decided to push one plate of pasta towards her with a smile. "We should start eating. There's still places that we have to check, right?"

"Yeah. Guess so..." she grabbed her fork, scooping a good amount of pasta into the edges as she placed the saucy noodle in her mouth. Starting on, the captain followed as well. Slurping it all the way through her mouth, she chewed for a couple of seconds still eyeing the captain who focused his eyes to his meal. "You're really sure? You're not going to blame me for this, senpai." She still tried to confirm after swallowing.

Chuckling lightly, the male gave her the yes nod. "I won't blame you. It was my idea of inviting you here so don't sweat such matter." He took a slice from the eight divide of a foot inch diameter of pizza in their center. "Make sure you eat your fill. It's going to cause us more efforts later."

Sighing in relief, she fixed her sitting position. Ensuring a mannerly posture not to awkwardly make him uncomfortable with his own meal. She as well continued her meal, forking the pasta noodles one bite after the other.

***

"Oho-ho. I can't wait to see some progress tomorrow." Tendo whispered on a fastfood restaurant just standing across the street where they could casually peer through the two awkward pair who was cautiously eating. He noted how they would speak occasionally and then return back to focus on their meal.

"Why aren't they trying to bond?" Eita complained, sipping a right amount of juice from his glass. "I mean, they're already acquainted. What's there to be shy about?" He asked.

"Wakatoshi-kun knew for himself that he likes her. Maybe because he knew this, he was being careful not to say anything offensive to lower her respect for him." Tendo sighed, picking up a piece of fries on his plate.

"Then how about Cia-chan? It's not as if she has a crush on him to be this awkward..." Leon paused. "Do you think?" He looked at both his friends in realization.

"I don't know. While I know Cia-chan looks particularly enamored with everyone in the team, she's never been so openly and emotionally attached to us." The redhead sighed. "It's kinda hard to know what she's thinking. Her eyes sometimes looks obvious, but sometimes it tells opposite and stagnant."

"Then she doesn't really have any specific liking for Wakatoshi?" Eita sighed. "I think sometimes she has lingering feelings for captain."

"Then how do you see how she sees Goshiki?" Leon asked.

"Like a little brother?" The silvette replied unsure. "I mean, look at how she scold him. They're always together but they're not as awkward as this." He pointed his straw towards the other side of the street.

"Well, that's the difference between approachable and non-approachable. Goshiki is timid like a kid, he's respectful to upperclassmen and obedient but at the same time shows enthusiasm towards her, which gives her more opportunity to speak while Wakatoshi is very intimidating which makes it hard to read what he's most likely interested so you'll mentally have to think when you'd start up a conversation." Tendo watched as the captain ace on the other side of the restaurant started speaking. The girl looked at him and nodded, laughing lightly while covering her mouth.

Eita and Leon stared at the redhead for a good moment before turning back to the pair they were trying to match. "You know Tendo... she did mention that in romantic preference, she pointed a spoon at you, right?" Eita asked.

"Geh--" the middle blocker turned to the setter-slash-pinch server with a horrified look. Just thinking how Wakatoshi and Goshiki glared at him that time was something out of the horror movies, which, he didn't wish to tackle much. "Forget that thought. She only said that because I'm the safest point since I was the one who asked it." He reasoned out.

"So it's like that?" Leon asked rather unsatisfied.

"Of course!" Tendo nodded knowingly. "I'm the type of person who's really kind and approachable! I'm funny and talkative! I'm safest because I won't take things so seriously just like those two aces we have! I know Cia-chan thinks I'm a good escape route when I asked who she prefers between the two." He smartly explained.

"Remind me again the kind part of you." Leon nonchalantly teased.

"I've always been~" he muttered, sipping through his refreshment through the straw. "You know if I didn't let her through the choosing, we might have an answer."

The two nodded to it. "Then if we could've asked further, we might be able to get the possible guy who can win her heart! What a waste."

"Crap--" Eita's eyes widened covering his mouth not to get more attention when he exclaimed, looking at the people who appeared on the scene of the two they were tailing.

Curious as why would the silvette make such shocked expression made them turn towards the other side of the window glass. Both eyes grew saucers that if they were drinking their juice, they would've spilt it everywhere.

"Crap..." the two chorused more quiet than how their friend said it.

Sweat dropped as they see two guys from the volleyball team of Aoba Johsei. They don't know them yet as they were still freshmen but for the sake of imaging the two characters in mind since le author is lazy to describe em, they're named Kunumi and radish--Kendaichi respectively. It seemed that the two first years were also not expecting them to be there, as their eyes grew the same saucer size as the three third year stalkers on the other side of the restaurant.

"What now? Should we interfere?" Eita asked.

"But. They'll know we're following!" Tendo said back.

"The two might get the wrong idea and tell it to their captain! We know Oikawa won't take this nicely. Especially when he's only rooting for his bestfriend." Tendo explained.

"Even Iwaizumi?" Both Leon and Eita chorused surprised.

"Yep. Little Cleopatra's hair is fairly long. I mean, they're the main threats to the jury while other extra(rude. I know 😂) males prefer to just stay in crush with her."

"Stay in crush? What the hell Tendo, you're scaring me with what you know." Leon complained.

"It's not my fault I can guess what others think." The middle blocker proudly defended.

"Argh. Let's ignore that and save our captain's ass from being kicked by the brother before he could even confess." Eita suggested.