Chapter 26

At last...

With a relieved sigh, Cia looked at the satisfied captain holding a small pack of pot with the growing new plant was displayed. It made her smile seeing as how Wakatoshi was like a child given a really good sum of candy during Halloween trick-or-treats as he lifted the plant carefully.

"So... senpai, where do you plan on planting it?" She asked, placing her hands behind her as she skidded forward.

"I guess I still have space on my backyard." He replied. "If my mother didn't add more flowers to her collection..." a hint of doubt suddenly passes through his tone when he spoke about his mother's flower collecting hobby. Sometimes she would randomly put it where she thinks goes well with the little pond in their yard which left him little space to put his plants into.

The girl gave a short chuckle. "You'll find a good place somewhere." She cheered, imagining their volleyball captain actually having a hard time for him to find space in a garden of flowers. "But how come you're not sure? Don't you keep tabs on your other plants?" She asked now with wonder.

"I visit sometime." He replied.

"Eh? So where do you exactly live?"

"We're living in the school's dormitory."

It didn't took long before the thought registered back to her head. All this time, as the three (Wakatoshi, Tendo and Goshiki) were walking her home every after practice from Mondays to Fridays, they've all been actually living in the dorm just inside the school.

"Senpai... how come you didn't tell me! I've been being such a bothersome for a month!" She complained.

"We didn't tell you since we just got back from our dorms few weeks ago. Were already used to walking you home so don't take this upon yourself as bothersome. We were just ensuring your safety."

"But..." she stopped. alright, no more arguments. Stop arguing to the person who's been tolerating your complaining mouth, Cia. It's your fault for being picked upon. Sighing over scolding herself in her thoughts, she smiled at him. "Thank you, senpai. You're really thoughtful."

"It's fine." Wakatoshi smiled back.

The girl looked at her watch again, finding as it was already two thirty. She turned to the captain. "Look how time went by. I have to go for my schedule now."

"Hm? Where?" the young male's smile fell when she mentioned that she had to part.

"Uhmm... it's just around the corner. I need to come in time." She explained. "But I'm still glad we're able to find the plant... although it's not a seed."

Ushijima nodded. "Then I'll accompany you. Where is it that you're planning to go?" he asked.

She shook her head, smiling a little. "It's fine. I'm sorry captain, this is actually... a confidential matter." she told him. "I had fun today, captain. Thank you for inviting me." She added and sprinted off, not even sparing some time to turning around to see if the brunette with him was chasing after her. She really has to go, at least go alone.

No one should know. No one should take it upon themselves to pity her for whatever it is that she's having. She's just fine anyway... it was just all in the mind. She already got over it, it just happened that her Psychiatrist said that she's unconsciously acknowledging it back when things don't go right.

***

"What happened?" Tendo asked surprised as Cia left their captain behind in a hurry. "Did they have an argument?"

"Huh? But she was smiling. How is that an argument?" Eita replied. "So, who should we follow next?"

"Cia-chan always have something interesting to show. Why not just follow her?" Leon suggested and it doesn't seem that any of them had any objection about it. "Let's go then." And just like that, they strayed off to stealthily escape Wakatoshi's eyes and followed the girl who was running off.

It was a good thing for the three that she wasn't that athletic that they were able to run after her without a sweat. Thanks to their tall stature(Long legs) they were quick enough seeing how she walked now slowly. The streets were busy so it was easy to hide themselves as well.

Cia took a short glance back to see if Wakatoshi was following her and was tad glad that he didn't saw a trace. Sighing in relief, she continued to walk looking at her watch from time to time until her eyes went to her right hand. It was trembling, with the little scars made by the stitches and the remnants of hits it received she wondered if it would soon disappear.

Her parents said this was essential for quick recovery. But little do they know that everytime she come here, the memories flashes back. Everytime the doctor asks how she was doing... every question she asks her ends up a memory trigger. Every week, when she thought she's forgotten about it, just one look here and everything just comes flashing back. Was that really helpful? Isn't it good enough that she's run away from that horrible place?

"Ah... I want to die..." the words run out of her lips, stopping on her destination.

***

The three third years stopped as well. Seeing as she entered a building that states Neurologist and Psychiatric office on the sign board. Quietly looking at each other, it seemed that they've found out something that they shouldn't have meddled in with.

They already have clues that she has something going through when they first saw her broke down from panic attack. But to think that it was worse than they had anticipated, now they felt the sudden guilt of intruding her   personal life.

"I think we should swear to each other to keep this thing quiet..." Eita muttered.

"Yes. I take pledge to seal my mouth." Tendo replied.

"I too swear that I won't speak of this." Leon agreed.

"Maybe we should go now. I'm starting to feel really bad." The redhead middle blocker sighed and everyone seemed to agree.

They all started walking away from the place, placed on their shoulders a secret they all now had after this short stalking.

Kindaichi and Kunumi who were following the followers also stared at the infrastructure the girl had entered from.

"Should we tell Oikawa-san?" Kindaichi asked.

"Say if you rather want your ass kicked." The apathetic friend replied.