Chapter 10: Friendships!

Izuku was doing really well. It had been five months since he'd started going to the dojo and he had great control over a majority of the different aspects of his quirk. Sakura was happy with his physical progress and he was a lot faster than he was when he first began.

His social life was thriving. Basically everyone who went to the dojo loved him and when he'd received a phone from his mother two months ago, he had been bombarded with new phone numbers.

He had managed to basically entirely patch up his relationship with Bakugou and if anyone saw them together, they would never suspect the boys had been enemies at any point at all. Obviously they were still rivals but that was to be expected.

His relationship with his other two best friends Inasa and Kumayami was great as well. At some point, Kumayami had started calling him 'Mido' and he in return had taken to calling the boy 'Yami' which the edgelord had no objections to.

————————————————————————————————————————

Tomorrow was going to be one of the few occasions that Izuku, Yami and Inasa all were free to hang out with each other.

They had agreed to meet up and train at the dojo before spending the rest of the day together at the local mall. Izuku had invited Bakugou to the event as well but the blonde had swifyly declined, mumbling something along the lines of:

"The hag's grounded me for a year for being an ass."

Although he'd felt bad for his friend, Izuku couldn't help but find that pretty funny.

————————————————————————————————————————

~The next day~

Izuku left for the dojo slightly earlier than necessary. He'd taken a bunch of cash with him as well for the trip later. He left a note on the table for his Mom in case she got home early before heading out.

'12:50' his phone read.

The green haired boy arrived at the dojo ten minutes before Sakura actually opened it. Realising his mistake, he sighed and sat up on a nearby brick wall, clearing the snow which had gathered there and igniting a small fire to warm himself up. He found himself playing games on his phone about a minute into the wait, he needed a way to entertain himself after all.

Five minutes later, a shout interrupted Izuku who'd been completely immersed in his phone.

"HEY, I THOUGHT I WOULD BE THE FIRST ONE HERE!" Inasa yelled jovially.

Izuku chuckled, "Well I guess not, I beat you to it!"

The friends made small talk and jokes for another five minutes before Sakura finally arrived.

"Hey guys, I'm happy that you're in so early! I think we're going to leave the proper training out until later. I want to see you spar and see how much better you've become over the past few months."

The two boys nodded, happy to comply. They'd originally intended on sparring today anyway.

Sakura thanked them and unlocked the doors, pocketing the key and leading the pair into the welcoming space of the dojo.

"Alright then, both of you, get in the ring, I want one match without you using your quirks and one match with you using them."

The boys warmed up and then entered the ring, facing each other.

"May the best man win!" Inasa shouted over to Izuku who just nodded his head, mentally preparing himself.

"Start!"