11. El Diablo's Good Graces

*

*

*

There was loud yelling between multiple people, muffled by the bedroom door before a loud gunshot went off making Aaron's body jerk underneath me.

"What the f*ck was that?" He exclaimed in panic.

I dismounted him in record time and dived for my purse, just as the door was thrown opened. Aaron's loud shout of surprise filled my ears as three men with guns and masked faces entered the bedroom. One pointed the gun at Aaron who was yelling incoherently in fear and the two others moved in my direction with determination.

But nobody in the room expected me to sink my dagger on the first one's elbow.

He went down with a shout of pain, clutching his bleeding arm. I twisted my dagger to dislodge it from his joint and kicked down the other's gun before anyone recovered from shock. The one next to Aaron pointed his gun at me with all intension of shooting but I aimed my dagger at his head and let loose.

Aaron's blood-curdling scream of terror reverberated in the room as the masked man fell dead on the floor, with my dagger between his eyes. The one I knocked the gun out of charged at me. I dodged just in time and swiped my leg clear under him. He went down next to his friend and I swooped picked his gun to point it at his head.

The only sound in the room was Aaron's deep breathing and the other intruder's pained cries.

"Who sent you?"

"Non te lo dirò mai—"

The gunshot was loud and ringing in the small room. There was another scream from Aaron, prompting me to look at him. The sight was quite comical if you ask me; his eyes were wide with terrified confusion and handcuffed to the bed helplessly.

"Keep it down, will you?" I tucked the gun in my garter and bent down to pull away the dead man's clothing. "You already screamed enough for a first-time homicide witness." I told him in my usual American accent, having dropped my fake accent along with the rest of the ruse.

"What... How... WHAT?!" He asked, out of his mind. "YOU JUST KILLED TWO MEN?!"

"Yes. We already established that, Romeo."

I chuckled as I stripped the man but soon cursed under my breath when I noticed a mark I wasn't expecting to see. Two hands holding a piece of cloth was tattooed onto the left of his abdomen. It was a mafia family gang sign. And not just any mafia.

La Cosa Nostra.

"That b*stard!" I seethed.

I turned to the only alive man, writhing on the floor with murder in my eyes. I pulled him up by his collar and he thrashed in my hold.

"I will ask this only once." I hissed at him as I pulled the gun out to point it at his chest. "Who. Sent. You?"

"Capo!" The man screeched. "Alessandro!"

"Wait a minute, Alessandro Maranzeno?!" Aaron asked in bewilderment behind me. I didn't answer him but dropped the man in my hold and moved to the open door to stick my head outside.

"Tobias?" I called.

My jacked-up, former construction worker turned sniper posing as the cabin crew walked up to me with one of the dead body in tow. He planted the bleeding body next to the door. I raised my eyebrows.

"He was the leader, boss." He grunted. "Killed all nine of 'em. Jon got nicked by a bullet, is all."

"Good. Round up all the bodies and put them on the boat they came in. Remove all fingerprints and other traces. There are two in here." I pointed at the whimpering man cradling his useless arm with his good one. "And take him alive."