5. Masquerade

*

*

*

The doors to the Cadillac opened and I took Antonio's hand to step outside.

My nude Louboutin heels planted firmly on the marble as was my hands were over Antonio's forearms, I scanned the blinding glass building. My hand smoothed over my rhinestone encrusted, tight day dress, trying to ignore the unfamiliar feel of the spandex. Two well-dressed men hurried past the security in our direction.

"Mr. Castillo, Ms. Bauer. I am Jeremy. Welcome to The Lexwood Hotel Corporation. We are happy to have you here."

The wide-smiling brown haired man announced as he shook Antonio's hand firmly. He looked at me expectantly, unsure if he must offer his hands to or not. Pulling my muscles painfully to keep the guise alive with general politeness, I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Please follow us, I will lead you to Mr. Lexwood's office."

I looked over at Cristofano, one of my men who was posing as our bodyguard and nodded to follow us. And with that Antonio and I glided into the spacious office floor after Jeremy and the silent blond next him. The employees walking around slowed to watch me, Antonio and Cristofano walk towards the private elevators in almost unnerving silence. I could almost taste the confusion in the air as much as the awe.

We really did pull off the old money look quite fabulously might I add, despite the level of discomfort I was undergoing. Well, we better; as the ensemble on me cost me a sizable dent in my usual shopping budget.

Beep beep beeeeeeb!

Everyone stilled.

I looked up at the metal panel overhead that was fixated with glass and laser. Jeremy and the unnamed blond looked at us curiously.

"Service revolver."

Came Cristofano's gruff answer as he pulled out a pistol from his waistband and handed it over the flustered blond. He carried it over to the security personnel who placed it in a small locker. He walked past the beams uneventfully sans his Glock. Next was Antonio and I's turn.

Beep beep beeeeep!

Four men standing around stared at us in confusion as to why a pair of business nobilities have weapon on their person. I laughed breathily.

"Am I expected to rid myself of my underwear as well?" I asked charmingly with my faux English accent and I pushed away a little of the fabric from my chest to give the gaping men a peek at my metal corset.

"Is that for me, minx?"

Antonio whispered in my ears which I was sure the entire entourage heard, selling our show marvelously at the ogling men. I saw Cristofano's wicked smile from the corner of my eye. He knew more than anyone that my corset wasn't what was setting off the alarms.

"Who else?" I winked.

"Is there anymore security details to complete?" Antonio asked the men with a hint of irritation lacing his tone.

"No, no, sir. Please enter."

The men not wanting to annoy a potential client by searching through his girlfriend's kinky underwear, let us inside the elevator despite the wailing security machines and soon we in the top most floor of the large office building. A small redhead came over to us with a smile so wide I could feel my own facial muscles burn at the thought of it.

"Hi! I am Lydia, Mr. Lexwood's personal assistant. It's a pleasure to have met both of you!" She shook hands with Antonio who was almost double her size and width and then with me. "Please come, Mr. Lexwood is waiting."

Lydia turned walked ahead and we followed, leaving behind the nervous group of men who accompanied us. I noticed Antonio's gaze attached to the preppy assistant's modest rear end.

"Color me surprised, I thought you had a type?" I whispered close to the shell of his ear. He grinned. "And if I recall correctly, something along the line of "some pillows to cushion the doggy style" 'Cause I don't see no DD on that chick." I heard Cristofano laugh quietly near us.

"Maybe I am open to new experiences?" He replied cheekily.

"Careful stud, this is not your hunting ground and don't hunt rabbits like the stags you are used to."

Lydia opened the heavy wooden doors and we swept inside.

The Lexwood domain was neat and luxurious. Expensive light wood furniture covered most of the office, blending beautifully with the modern grey and white colour scheme. A floor to ceiling windows overlooking San Francisco city line sat behind the large desk. The tall, handsome sandy blond man in his early 30s behind the desk rose with a friendly smile and walked toward us.

"Welcome to California, Castillo. I am Adam Lexwood." He shook Antonio's hand which wasn't occupied by me. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you in person. But I must say that when Wallberg mentioned about his new business partner from Europe, I was expecting someone my father's age."

"Please call me Dmitri. And let's just say that I got into business early." Antonio supplied vaguely in his perfectly altered accent and cocked his head in my direction. "Meet my girlfriend, Eve Bauer." He introduced me.

"A pleasure" I purred as I shook hands with the attractive businessman.

"Please have a seat."

We settled down as Cristofano took his place near the doors, a little away from where Lydia stood.

"How are you finding US so far?" He asked us conversationally.

"I had come to New York previously for business purposes, but I am here in California for the first time." Antonio lied through his teeth expertly and gave me a smile. "And Eve finds the climate here exquisite. We might stay for a week or two as an impromptu vacation."

"Well, once we talk business in about three to four days I am sure there would be hundreds of places you both can visit."

"I am looking forward to it." I gave him a dazzling smile and turned to Antonio playfully. "But Dmitri hardly ever have time nowadays so I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves me alone in the suit as he goes to attend another one of his meetings."

"Now don't jump the gun, mi amore. I had promised you, haven't I?" Antonio tucked a piece of my platinum dyed hair behind my ears.

"Hm, as if I haven't heard of that excuse before." I laughed and turned to Adam who was watching us amusedly. "If I were to get a dollar every time he left me to fend for myself after planning an event, it would be you and I who would be talking business." I told him and he laughed.

"You remind me of my wife."

Darn it, don't remind me.

"In fact, this weekend my children are turning one. We are holding a party in our home. If you both are free, then we would love to have you both there. And I am sure my wife will like you."

I smiled widely, having had our plans fall into its place correctly. I turned to Antonio excitedly.

"Oh Dmitri we must attend!" I said to further play the narrative of a convincing girlfriend. "It would be absolutely wonderful, mein Lieber! We must go!" Antonio gave me a placating sigh.

"Whatever you wish, amore mio."

And his eyes glinted like mine in acknowledgement that we were one step closer to our goal.

*

*

*

NEXT UPDATE: (...Maybe I should stop 'cause I am running out of ideas?)