20. Don't Kill The Russian

*

*

*

I stared at the full scale mirror and moved slowly, watching my figure for anything amiss.

The effort I had put in was almost embarrassing but I chalked it up to wanting to feel like a woman once in a while—which is a luxury when you are a mob boss under an alias. I absolutely relished the long, warm bath I had instead of the usual 15-minute showers and took my time rubbing scented and shimmering lotions that made my tan glow. I was wearing a sleeveless white Hera collection evening gown with a slit that ran till my upper thigh, a small trail and a scooping neckline that showed a classy amount of cleavage. I paired it with a simple black strappy high heels to compliment the subtle black designs on the back of the dress. I had my hair straightened and put behind my ears to emphasize my sharp eye makeup and blood red lips. A simple diamond necklace and matching diamond studs completed the look.

There was swift knock on my door

"Entrar."

The door opened and Antonio came in, his head buried in his phone and a frown marring his features at whatever he was reading.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I just checked in with— Whoa!" Antonio looked up and his jaws went slack. "Who are you seducing to their inevitable demise, Boss? The Romanos?" He asked his eyes still fixated on my body.

"Maybe I just wanted to look pretty." I replied breezily as I arranged my diamonds with a lazy smile. "Somebody doesn't always have to die when I dress up you know."

"So just torture then. 'Cause." He wolf-whistled and shot me a wink which made me laugh.

"Why are you in my bedroom anyway?"

I shifted my gaze from his eyes on the mirror to mine as I adjusted the dress around. But I needn't have my eyes on him to know when he sobered up.

"Robert just pulled up some info we weren't expecting when he hacked into a few personal files under the Romano. Some files incriminating Giuseppe." He said gravely.

"And?" I raised a brow.

"They were his connection to many gangs in Barcelona and Madrid around the time we were in the foster system. I think he knows who is Black."

I stilled.

That was a name I hadn't heard in a while but something I had been carrying in the back of my head for most of my life. The familiar heat of revenge made my heart beat faster and my mind filling with the sweet, sweet bloodlust that brought me to where I was today. My lips pulled back to bare my teeth in a chilling grin at the idea of fulfilling my vengeance after so long. Years may have passed and my revenge has only ever aged like a fine wine.

"Did he now?" I purred, my eyes black with morbid interest.

"Looks like you might have convinced me on Giuseppe's death after all." Antonio replied with a similar psychotic grin. "Only after I can torture the information out of him." He growled.