21. Her Romeo's Demons

*

*

*

I drove my Lamborghini through the arching drive-in and slid outside once I parked it. The massive, seemingly gravity-defying cursive announced the name of the exclusive restaurant—La Grande.

"Ma'am?"

I turned to a young valet who looked to be around Angelo's age in an uncomfortably cheap tux. He must have been a university student working nights to make ends meet, judging by the bags underneath his eyes. I handed my keys to him with a smile.

"Take good care of my baby." I gestured to my white sports-car, "And make sure to meet me when I get back, alright?"

"Of course, Ma'am."

I chuckled at the boy staring at my Lambo starry-eyed and shaky handed before I walked inside.

The décor inside was luxury through and through with dark wooded leather furniture and expensive chandeliers giving the most minimally required light making the whole restaurant have a feeling of being personal. There were bonsai and even a large tree in the middle blending in with the interior design perfectly. The patrons seemed to be enjoying themselves with muted conversations in the veiled privacy.

 The patrons seemed to be enjoying themselves with muted conversations in the veiled privacy

I walked up to the large marble paneled reception.

"Welcome to La Grande. May I know your reservation name, Ma'am?" The blonde hostess asked with a pleasant smile.

"Krystals."

She checked her computer behind the desk before turning to me with a much wider smile.

"Please follow me, Ma'am."

I followed the blonde through the restaurant and I wasn't surprised when she left the main dining to enter to the restricted VIP zone up an elevator. Various double door lined the wide hallways which I was sure were separate closed off private dining spaces rented by the elites of the society. The hostess stopped in front of one in the far right and pressed a buzzer. The panel glowed before turning blue.

"Sir, your guest is here." She spoke into the intercom.

The panel turned green with a quiet beep. The hostess opened the door to the room for me with a smile. I tentatively returned it before stepping into the room. The beautiful, twinkling New York skyline caught my eyes from the large ceiling-to-floor window wall behind the large six-person table set with the most luxurious table arrangement under an ostentatious chandelier. The full moon seemed to filter beautifully into the room that, despite being spacious, gave a sense of intimate privacy with its leather, dark wood, plants and one of the walls which had a steady stream of water flowing.