3

Dazai was right about Chuuya entering heat. He was unbelievably hot and bothered the next day. The more Chuuya wanted to be touched, the more he loathed his impulses. His fangs were out and his nails were long. His face was hot and no amount of nakedness seemed to help. 

"I'm not sure how to help you," Dazai placed another cold washcloth on Chuuya's forehead. "Boss has been too busy to come by."

"I don't want him to," Chuuya sneered. "That bastard doesn't have the right to use me as he does."

"You're not his mate?"

"Damn right I'm not! Do you think a mate would lock up his partner like this?! I'm his toy. We aren't connected in any way," Chuuya lifted up his sleeve to show his 'fated' symbol. It wasn't like the one Mori had. Half of The Hanged Man tarot card on his wrist. It would've been completed had he been marked by his mate.

"Shit," Dazai covered his mouth with his hand. He was bleeding. His fangs were growing despite the use of blockers. Chuuya could see his nails sharpen.

"That's my fault, isn't it?" Chuuya covered his wrist and tried to bundle up in a blanket. No amount of blankets would suppress the raging pheromones. Dazai was going to have to leave. But, Chuuya didn't want to be alone.

"I can't help you, you're not mine, but I can't not help you so..." Dazai crawled into the bed and hugged Chuuya within his bundle of blankets.

"It's so hot," Chuuya whined. "Why is it so hot?"

"You just wrapped yourself in blankets."

"It's hot. It's hot," he continued to whine. "I hate this."

"Does it help if you masturbate?" Dazai asked. He didn't have much of an idea on how omegas functioned. He preferred to ignore the secondary genders altogether.

"If I do that, it'll make it worse for you," Chuuya muttered.

Dazai sat up. "Where are you going?" Chuuya asked. He turned to see Dazai enter the bathroom.

"Do what you have to do," he said. "I'm going to stay in here until you tell me you're feeling a bit better." Dazai closed the door and locked it. It took a minute before Chuuya started touching himself. Dazai could hear the small moans and groans from within the bathroom. He moved away from the door and grabbed the sides of the sink. His grip cracked the false marble.

"What was Mori thinking?" he growled, gripping tighter. He wasn't going to make it through this unless he used another blocker. But he'd already used twice the normal amount today.

"Aw, fuck it," Dazai ripped off the bandages on one of his arms and pulled out a syringe from his coat pocket. He couldn't wait to find a vein so he just used one of the former scars as a baseline. He must've been close because the effects were instant. His fangs and nails retracted and he felt normal again. Calm. Not allowing the alpha in him to take over. But he'd used too high a dosage and found himself losing consciousness.

"This is fine," he mumbled, curling up into a ball on the floor. "At least this way...I'm loyal to the Boss and not my alpha self..." he forced a smile and closed his eyes.

...

"Dazai!" He felt a slap to his face but he didn't have the energy to wake up. "Dazai!" Another slap. "Dazai you fucking bastard wake up!" Another slap. Dazai opened his eyes to see Chuuya hovering over him.

"You have to detox," Chuuya insisted. He was on the verge of tears for a guy he barely knew? What was that about?

"I'm fine. I'm fine," Dazai muttered, sitting up. "You look like the worst of it is finally over. I won't need to use as many now." Dazai could barely sit. He was about to fall but Chuuya caught him.

"You're not fucking fine and I'm not going to be the one to kill you," Chuuya growled.

"You're not killing me. I'm killing myself, remember?" Dazai laughed. Chuuya slapped him again.

"This isn't a joke."

Dazai's cheek turned a slight shade of red from the hand imprint. "You really care this much for a stranger?"

"No! Well, yes, I'm not an asshole, Dazai."

"You're so sweet." Dazai cupped Chuuya's face with his hand. "So, so, so sweet," he rested his face in the crook of Chuuya's neck and inhaled. "I want to eat you. I want..." Dazai forced himself away. "Why is it still not working?" He grabbed his head. "Why do I still react so strongly to you? Even with all of these drugs..." Dazai hugged himself.

"You've never actually encountered an omega before this, have you?"

"I have, I have but..." Dazai sighed. "My tolerance is increasing. I'll need mor-"

Chuuya slapped him again. "No. That's how he gets you. Stop falling into the Boss's game he wants you to be dependent on him. You're going to detox." Chuuya slung Dazai over his shoulder and threw him on the bed. There were handcuffs attached to the backboard...meant to be used by Chuuya but today they were going to be used by Dazai. He cuffed him. Wrists and ankles.

"Wha-"

"Detox," Chuuya crossed his arms and sat on the chair next to the bed. He was still aching and sore and wanted to be fucked but this was more important than that right now. He'd already taken off Dazai's jacket while he was unconscious to keep him out of the blockers.

"Please get me out of these," Dazai looked up at his chains.

"Absolutely," Chuuya began. "Once you aren't on blockers anymore."

"You don't understand!" Dazai snapped. His pheromones were all over the place from so much blocker usage that his fangs grew back as well as his sharp nails. "I'm a beast! A monster! I need them! I'm not like normal alphas- I'm..."

"A werewolf," Chuuya's eyes widened at the sight of Dazai's ears and tail forming. He growled and snarled but Chuuya knew he didn't mean it. He was just reacting under stress.

"Please..." Dazai relaxed a bit. "I don't want to hurt you or anyone else."

"You're not a monster. You're just worked up."

"I don't deserve to exist," Dazai's eyes lost what little light they had. He was back to being a shell, just like Chuuya had been.

"Then we can deserve to not exist together," Chuuya reached out and touched Dazai's hand.

"What are you doing?!" Dazai struggled against the chain but couldn't break free.

"I'm going to help you," Chuuya said. He curled up beside Dazai and allowed his sweet scent to fill the room. He'd been holding it back but it was time to accept his fate. The smell of an omega that wasn't in distress tended to calm down alphas. He was hoping it would work.

"You smell like oranges," Dazai let out a chuckle.

"Oranges?"

"Must be the hair." Dazai closed his eyes and slept through the next few painful hours. Days. Maybe a week. He was sleeping he wouldn't know. He just knew that when he woke up Chuuya wasn't in heat anymore and he could no longer deny his attraction to him. He was going to die. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But he would die once the Boss found out.