11

"How is he?" 

"I managed to get the silver bullet out but it looks like he was on an inhumane amount of blockers in the past. He isn't healing quite as quickly as he should be. I'm not sure if he will wake up." 

"Does he have a mate?" 

"There are implications that he may have a mate but his large refusal to even accept who he is is keeping the mark from forming. That and the two haven't had intimate relations to accept their relationship. We'd have to get the hypothesized mate here to talk some sense into him if we want him to wake up." 

"Why are you doing so much to help him? He is from an enemy organization!" Akutagawa whined and chains resounded. He must be handcuffed to a chair or something. 

"Because we aren't animals."

"And, from what we could tell, he knew he was going to die which brings up a lot of questions."  

Dazai refused to open his eyes for a number of reasons but the main one being that he didn't want to survive. You must live for me, dumbass. Sorry, Chuuya, but that just isn't in the cards. 

"He's awake." Oh, fuck you deductive asshole. 

"What? He shouldn't be awa-"

"He's awake," Rampo repeated and slapped Dazai across his delicate face. He winced and opened his eyes. He most certainly didn't want to experience that again. 

"I may want to die but I don't enjoy pain," he frowned, rubbing his face. "You're so mean."

"That's what happens when you threaten my mate," he huffed and crossed his arms. "It'll take a good minute before I like you, Dazai." 

"Why am I alive?" he dropped his facade of a smile and looked around the room. Akutagawa. A stranger with a butterfly hairpin, Fukuzawa, and Rampo. Quite the crowd he gathered here. But, huddled in the corner, was a male with white hair shaking uncontrollably. 

"You're alive because we aren't animals," the woman sighed. "My name is Yosano, that's Atsushi in the corner there. We are the two you haven't become acquainted with yet." 

"What's wrong with him?" 

"He is a pureblood omega," Rampo grabbed Dazai's chin and brought him back over to this side of the room. "Don't touch." 

"I'm in critical condition lying on a makeshift hospital bed. How could I ever hope to touch such a creature?" Dazai scoffed and placed his hand over his heart. "What do you believe me to be? A monster?" 

"Yes," Yosano answered. "A pureblood alpha is as bad as they come." Dazai inwardly cringed at the sentence. He'd only heard it about a thousand times in his life. 

"Hush," Rampo lifted his finger to Yosano. "We aren't a group that makes judgments so easily. The only thing he has done is threaten us. We know nothing of his motives or past." 

"Sir," Yosano tried to reason with him. 

"Hush," he repeated. "Dazai, Atsushi is a pureblood omega that doesn't know how to control his shifting. He has harmed people in the past and is having difficulty overcoming his trauma. I would like you to teach him." 

"What?" Dazai blinked. "You want me to get up close and personal with your pureblood omega kin?" 

"Correction:" Rampo lifted his finger. "I want you to repay the debt you owe us for your medical treatment by doing us a favor. Then we shall return you to the wild where you came..." 

"Yes, yes, I suppose I don't have a choice since I owe you my life," Dazai let out a sigh. "My darling kohai," he turned his head, "you have to go back and tell him I've died." 

"I'm not leaving you with these lunatics!" 

"I don't recall giving you a choice." Akutagawa shuddered at those words. "Please release my darling kohai into the wild. I can assure you that if he does anything to retaliate against you by trying to tell the Boss of what happened you can take my life as compensation," Dazai smiled. 

"Not really much of a promise coming from someone who wants to die," Rampo crossed his arms. 

"I'll allow it. Yosano, take off his handcuffs and blindfold him before showing him out. Akutagawa, I'm sure you know the situation you're in enough not to put your senpai's life in jeopardy," Fukuzawa spoke up. 

"Sir," Akutagawa stared at Dazai hoping he would change his mind. 

"Bye, bye now," Dazai waved. Yosano walked Akutagawa out. 

"Well, now that we've come to some decent terms, we shall see you again after you've made some progress with Atsushi," Rampo grinned and grabbed Fukuzawa's arm. "I want some candy. Let's go get some candy." 

"Are they really leaving me alone in a room with their beloved pureblood omega?" Dazai wasn't sure how to respond to that. Even with his injury...that was a lot of trust for a stranger. 

"I knew they would do this," Yosano slammed the door shut. She'd run all the way back as fast as she could. She grabbed Dazai's wrist and cuffed him to the bed. Same thing with his other one. "I'm not nearly as trusting as the bosses so this is going to be for my peace of mind. You can't lay a finger on him and if you do," she cracked her knuckles with a sadistic grin. "I'll make sure you experience as much pain as possible without dying." 

"Scary."

"Damn right," she waved and walked out. 

Dazai stared at Atsushi but shook his head. He wasn't going to force an interaction. He had to talk to Chuuya. Dazai tried his best to get comfortable in the bed and then closed his eyes. Please be sleeping, Chuuya, please be sleeping.