7

"Wake up," the Boss gave Dazai a good hearty kick to the stomach. His eyes fluttered open after the rude awakening. "I said wake up," another kick. Dazai rose to his feet, fighting through the pain. "You're going out of town for a few days."

"I thought you didn't want to leave your precious omega alone anymore," Dazai replied.

"You're going out of town. Did I stutter?" Dazai shook his head. "Good. Akutagawa will give you the remaining details. You remember him, don't you?" Dazai nodded.

"Wait here until he comes. Don't go to Chuuya-kun," he ordered, moving down the hall.

"Someone is getting even more suspicious of me than usual," Dazai coughed into his hand. More blood. He might actually die this time.

"Sir," Akutagawa bowed lightly before Dazai. His body trembled against his will.

"Are you afraid of me?" Dazai chuckled. "I suppose this is the first time you've properly smelled me." He reached out and touched Akutagawa's hair, ruffling it. Then he grabbed it tightly and lifted Akutagawa's head. "Answer the question." He leaned down to Akutagawa's height and sneered.

"I'm not afraid of you, Sir," he replied even though his body shook more. Dazai noticed the slight tint on his cheeks. This idiot was turned on! Ha! Imagine that! Well, Dazai was going to die today the least he could do was satisfy a whim or two.

"You little pervert," he scoffed and forced Akutagawa into the wall. He let go of his hair and slammed his hand down beside his face. "You've got a degradation kink."

"N-no, I just..." Akutagawa avoided staring Dazai in the face. He looked every which direction instead of his eyes. Chuuya wouldn't have done that. Dazai pushed the thought of Chuuya to the side. He needed to get rid of him somehow. Why not force him away by playing with someone else for a bit? Besides, Chuuya wasn't his mate anyway...

"I really admire you, Sir."

"Admire?" Dazai grabbed the back of Akutagawa's hair towards the base of his neck. He closed the distance between their bodies and licked the side of his face. "Is this admiration, kohai? Your face is flushed and your heart is beating rapidly. You want much more than you're letting on."

"Sir?"

Dazai crashed his lips into Akutagawa's. This took him by surprise but the faint blush turned into a lavish red. How many shades darker could it go? He moved his hand down to the center of his jacket. Even this guy's jacket was like his own. A long black coat. This wasn't admiration. It was an obsession. He moved his hand under the coat and to the shoulder, stripping Akutagawa of it, allowing it to fall to the floor.

Dazai moved to his shirt and unbuttoned it. He kissed Akutagawa's chest. "Sir?" a slight inflection in his voice. "Sir, please," he grabbed Dazai's head with both of his hands and pushed him away. "This isn't like you."

"And what would you know about me?" Dazai stared blankly up at Akutagawa. "You blindly follow me like every other one of my subordinates. You hold me above you instead of trying to get to know me so, what do you know about me?" 

"This isn't like you," he repeated. "You're confused about something, reacting with the pheromones you aren't used to feeling..." Akutagawa sighed and lowered his hands. "I know because you would never be interested in me, Sir. I'm not your type. I know that but..." he covered his eyes with his hand. "I still..." 

Dazai refused to admit to himself that Akutagawa had a point. He stood up (after grabbing the coat he'd thrown to the ground) and walked off. "Come along now, kohai," Dazai slung the coat over his shoulder. He was going to have to use this as his own for the mission considering Chuuya held his captive. "You have to explain to me what the Boss wants me to do this time." 

...

Chuuya was restless. There wouldn't be a better word to describe it. He kept pacing back and forth wondering where the hell Dazai had gone. Would he just leave? Just like that? Did Mori do something to him because of the blocker situation? Was he dead in a ditch somewhere without anyone to help him? 

"Why the fuck am I so worried about an asshole I don't even know?!" Chuuya kicked the bed and growled. "Where the hell did he go? Leaving me alone with that bastard for him to..." Chuuya curled up into a ball on the floor beside the bed. He didn't want to think about it. He didn't want to be touched or talked to. But he still wanted Dazai to be here. 

"Asshole..." Chuuya sobbed. He hated himself for sobbing. He hated that his hair stuck to his face due to the tears. He hated that he was hungry and cold and lonely. He hated that Dazai didn't come back. He was alone again. He didn't want to be alone again. 

Every time he heard a noise from outside his prison door his heart perked up, thinking it was Dazai, but it wasn't. No one ever entered the room. Chuuya rolled underneath the bed and slept there. Maybe in his dreams, he would have a better life. Maybe in his dreams, he wouldn't be a good for nothing omega...

Chuuya stared at Dazai's jacket. He'd hidden it under the bed. He held it close, sniffing it, wishing once again that Dazai was here. "Why do I miss him?" he cried into the jacket. "Why do I have to miss him so much? I just want him here...where did he go? Why did he leave?"