three➖

v.
OUT OF A BROKEN PLACE

wayv; WINWIN

THE HOUSE FROM HELL.
THAT WAS WHAT EVERYONE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD CALLED IT.

It was a place no one ventured near, not even as close as ten feet from the huge black fence that surrounded the residence. That house was not a good house and the town's citizens knew that. There was an unspoken rule throughout all the residents that not a single person should walk by that house themselves. It was a rule all parents told their children. Your parents certainly did too.

The house on Miller Road was one that caused a shiver to run down your spine. Located near the end of the road, the building stood out like a sore thumb. It's black gated fences toppled over at an enormous height. The yard had tall yellow grass, no one having taken care of it for a long time. Just those things signaled something was off of said residence because your neighborhood was always clean and gave a friendly appearance. Nevertheless, the house itself was what made people avoid walking on the sidewalk.

Black paint covered the outside walls of the house. Not a single inch of the house was not black. Vines were sneaking their way on all sides of the estate, mold creeping onto the wooden porch near the entrance door. The windows were tinted to an extreme, blocking any wondering eyes the outside world had. It was to no surprise that not anyone neared the house because of its look, but that wasn't the only reason.

Myths had sprung up about the black house on Miller Road. As a kid, you heard plenty of your classmates talk about the sinister stories the house had. Of course they scared you, you were a child after all, but they frightened you even till this day.
One tale that effected you the most was about that of a murder.

It was said that a few years ago, probably, three boys were hanging around on Miller Road. They were bored beyond their minds and decided to go to the woods. To get to the said woods, they had to go through Miller Road because behind those houses on the road, were the tall trees that belonged to the woods.

The boys walked calmly through the road, walking past the nice houses at the beginning. However, once they were nearing the black house, they became antsy. In the story, it was said that the boys felt cold when they got closer to the house, which didn't make sense since it was an afternoon in July.

Continuing, the boys wanted to cross the road to avoid walking past the house, but the sidewalk was closed down for construction. Deciding to just walk on the street, the boys made their way down the black cement where cars were suppose to drive by. They had been chatting about something when all the sudden a car drove them over and killed them. That's exactly how the story went. Just like that, the boy's had been killed by a car.

It was genuinely a weird tale, but that's not what made you scared of the house. What made you pee your pants, was that the car that supposedly hit them, was the car parked in the driveway of the Miller house. And to back up the story, if one were to look closely, you could make out a dark red stain on the car's hood.

To make matters even more worse, that house was next to yours.

THEY ALWAYS SAID THAT
NOTHING WAS TO HAPPEN
TO YOU.

You had a good life. You had parents who were married and loved you. A roof always stood above your head. The siblings who surrounded you cared for you, although they made you want to pull your hair out. Food was always in the house and money wasn't a huge problem. You had it all, nevertheless, in the back of your mind you felt something was off.