Chapter 20:"Twisted"

[ATLAS]

I'm humiliating myself right now. Who would've known, that I would actually be seeing his face after all these years? Haha, isn't it funny?

After I've talked with Zero about this, I felt really good. We spent the last weeks together. I know it sounds crazy, but I got used to being around him. I wonder, if I made the wrong decision not telling him that I flew away in the morning.

My mom insisted on driving me to the airport. I couldn't run away, because I respect her choice. I don't want to be a burden to her and obeyed. I flew 4 hours from Texas to Canada. Really far away, huh?

This is why I fucking hate obeying elders. They think they know what's best for me, but don't know that their decisions are killing me.

I just got out of the airplane and got my suitcase. I'm walking around the airport, while I'm listening to 'Behind Blue Eyes' by Limp Bizkit. (Of course the alternative version) I can't get even more pathetic, now can I?

"But my dreams they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free..."

Each footstep I'm taking is one step closer to hell. I can feel my heart racing as I pass by the strangers.

"No one knows what its like
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you
No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe

Can show through..."

I soon spot him. He still looks the same and I'm certain that his character hasn't changed one bit. Take me home already!

"Atlas!" He rushes towards me with a welcoming smile on his face and hugs me tightly. His fucking cologne stings my nostrils. I hear him sniff as he pats my head. "It's been a while, my child. I've missed you a lot."

Acting all innocent now, huh?

I just stand still and freeze in my position, hoping he'll let go soon.

We walk towards his car without me seeing anything at all. He seems to notice and tries babbling around, just to break the awkwardness.

"It must've been a tough flight, right? 4 hours long!" He packs my suitcase to the trunk.

I let him talk until we start driving. He stays quiet and seems awkward being the only one, who's talking. I grin by the thought of his feeling.

It must suck getting ignored, right? Live with it!

I thought I won, but he breaks the ice as he stares at the rear-view mirror. "How is Sally doing?"

He dares to ask about my mother!

"Why do you even care?" I hiss and cross my arms together.

He tightens his fingers on the steering wheel, revealing his white knuckles. "Atlas, I know I have hurted the both of you. But that's exactly why I care. Listen I-"

So he does know what's up! Why act all innocent then? Tsk!

"What's done is done. You can't change it." I say and perceive the hurtful stares he's sending me. "I'm not here to listen to what you've got to say. I'm here because my mother told me so."

This is what you wanted, right? Your own daughter hating you this much!

He doesn't say anything anymore, which feels fucking good.