Chapter 14

I laughed as I watched Dylan standing in the middle of the street, holding the Free Hug! sign, and glaring at Tyler. People walked by, staring at Dylan like he was a true wanna-be. A few moments later, two giggling girls walked up to him. He said something to them that I couldn’t hear and hugged the both of them separately. Then, they had a long conversation that lasted about five minutes. I took out my phone and started to record Dylan.

“And. . . five. . .” Tyler mumbled, “four. . . three. . . two . . . one. . .”

“HAMMER-TIME!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. Tyler ran to Dylan and played music on his phone as Dylan started to do the hammer dance. I was laughing my head off as was Tyler. The girls had walked away from Dylan quickly, frightened.

When the song had finished and the crowd surrounding us had faltered, Dylan walked back over to me, Tyler following. I stopped recording the video and put my phone in my back pocket of my jeans.

“That was a very mean thing to do,” he scolded me, jokingly. “Now jump on my back and let’s go pack your stuff to go back to your place.”

Dylan bent over, and I jumped on to his back. “You’re so light,” Dylan pointed out. I laughed.

“Yeah, right.”

“I’m serious you’re like a feather!” Dylan exclaimed. I didn’t respond but just chuckled, my arms gripping the sides of Dylan’s neck.

*************

Dylan turned left as we reached the street.

“No, Dylan, you have to take a right, remember?” I said. Dylan just shook his head and stayed silent. “Dylan,” I whined.

“Shhhh” he said, putting his finger to my lips. I let the feeling linger there for a moment before speaking.

“Why aren’t you taking a left?” There was still no response. I sighed in defeat and waited. We passed by streets in a most comfortable silence. I stared at myself through the window at my curly brown hair that had been straightened this morning and put into a pretty side-braid, and at my eyes. My left eye was hazel while my right eye, that was in the sun, was blue. My eyes tended to change when they were in and out of sunlight. I just stared and realized how my life had turned out-- everything I had ever wanted. I smiled to myself and leaned my head against the window, ignoring the small bumps that made my forehead tap the windowsill lightly.

And soon we were there. But we weren’t there. We were at an actual house.

“Your house,” Dylan told me. My jaw dropped open and I couldn’t believe my eyes. The house was navy blue with a two garages, shrubbery infront of a large window, about five pointed roofs, two walk ways, and a small tree.

“Oh, Dylan, this is amazing!” I exclaimed, tears coming to my eyes as I got out of the car and placed my hands over my face, taking in the beauty of my very own house.

“We all pitched in a bit. Me, Julianna, and a bit off your credit card,” Dylan smiled innocently, “no biggy.”

I laughed. “Of course you would.” I took my bag out of the car and walked over to him. I softly kissed him on the lips, feeling the touch of his lips kissing back. We stood there for a few moments, foreheads touching and noses barely pressing themselves together.

He pulled away from me and extended his hand out for me to take. I took it, entwining our fingers together. “Wait ‘til you see the inside.”

I grinned and walked up the stone steps and opened the front door. I had a mini porch with a porch swing on it that sat under a maple tree. I walked inside of my new house to find fresh hardwood floors awaiting me. A large brown staircase was to my left, leading upstairs. To my right was a mahogany-colored dining table with six chairs settled comfortably by it’s side, a white rug underneath it. There was another white rug leading down a hallway that was directly in front of me. I dropped my suitcase and dragged Dylan down the hall, exploring my home. My home. There were two doors at the end of the hall. The door to the right held a kitchen. I squealed as I went into the door to the left.