Chapter 4: Reunited

Spinel's POV:

"Wait, they don't know I'm coming?!?!" I exclaimed, kinda nervously.

"Well, Amethyst knows you're coming. Pearl and Garnet don't know yet!" The hybrid beside me replied.

"But, why!?"

"I dunno, I didn't tell 'em yet."

I tried to call down before we left, taking deep breaths. If Steven wants me there, they're gonna understand, right? I thought.

"You good?" Steven snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah, it's fine!"

"Alright. Tell me if anything happens, okay?"

"Okay!"

We laugh as we are taken to earth by a bright white and blue light emitting off the warp pad we stood on. I remembered there was a warp pad in Steven's 'house' or whatever they're called, but surprisingly, that's not where we warped. I looked up to see the broken injector parts. The ground around it looked beautiful, and full of life, same with the places nearby where the explosion took place. Must be Steven's doing!

"Uh, why did we warp here?" I ask out of curiousity.

"Because I thought it'd be nice to walk a little, y'know? Instead of just warping directly to the temple!" Steven laughed.

"Well, it looks nice, let's do it!"

"Okay, okay!" He laughs as we set off for the temple.

I look around at the beautiful scenery spread across the land. Flowers, grass, dirt, sand, water, and, uh... Grass! The way they were laid on the hills and in the small city was beautiful, that's the only way I could explain it, really.

Anyways, we made our way to the temple, the sun close to setting and the sky still blue in colour. The sky faded to reds and yellows soon, though.

"We're here!" I heard Steven say as we stopped for a minute, probably so he could open the door.

We walked in together, him holding my hand to my left. I was greeted with a tight surprise hug from a small purple gem, and I looked down slightly to see Amethyst. I returned the hug, and she spoke,

"Spinny! It's great to have you back, dude!" She exclaimed, loosening her grip and putting her hands on my shoulders, as Steven also let go of my hand.

"It's great to be back!" I remarked, smiling. That is, until she saw it, too.

"Yo, Spinz?"

"Uh, yeah?" I reply.

"Did something happen? You're gem, it's cracked." She said, concern clear in her voice.

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot about that!" I nervously laugh, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Really? What happened?"

"Uh..." I pause for a moment. I feel bad lying to everyone, but they don't need to know what really happened, "I fell off a rock and landed wrong in the palace garden. It's fine!"

"Really? You sure?" Amethyst tilted her head, definitely more concerned than I thought, "I'm kinda confused now."

"About what?"

"Well, I've cracked my gem before, and... Things got really weird."

"Oh?"

"It's just, how is it not happening to you?"

We all stood there, staring at each other and obviously confused.

"Uh..." I started, "Well, when Pink and I would play in the garden, I would play a little too roughly at times. My gem cracked a few times, then." 

"So, maybe it's because it's been cracked before?" Amethyst suggested.

"Maybe!" Steven added.

"Well, that kinda makes sense!" 

Then they came back.

Finishing this at school, hope you all enjoyed!!!

-Jinju32