Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rapunzel watched them leave and then sadly turned around, closing her window. She couldn't stay strong any longer. Her sobs shook her to her breaking point. She'd never felt so broken. After a few minutes of crying, she wiped away her tears and went over and pulled out a fresh, clean, blank book. She pulled out her best pen and penned in her most beautiful penmanship:

The Big Four
Four Worlds Collided

She sat back, pleased with the cover. She immediately hid it away. She hid everything away. As naïve as she knew she was, since she had met the others, she had started installing secret drawers, hidden cabinets, pockets under the stairs, etc.

Soon you would never have known that anyone was there. She left to change and laid down to dream about her friends. She couldn't wait to see them again, even though they had just left.

At that time, she was 15, Mer was 15, Hic was 15, and Jackson was 16. Two more years and she'll get to see them again. She smiled as she drifted off.

~33~

Hiccup walked back to his boat. He was thinking about all that he would miss. His friends were going to be gone for years. Tears fell off his cheeks.

About 10 hours later, he reached Berk to find that they were under attack by dragons--again. He rushed to his house. The day before he had left, he had finally finished a mastermind contraption. He was going to use it right now.

About an hour after that, it was set up and ready. He saw his target right before him: A Night Fury. He aimed and fired, and much to his delight, nailed it.

All of his previous thoughts of sadness were replaced by elation at his success.

HTTYD starts here

~33~

As Merida galloped into the gates, she was met by scolding for being late. Rolling her eyes, she ignored her mom and went straight to her room. Now that the Big Four had been disbanded, she truly treasured all of the things that she had gotten from them.

After rearranging the things in her room for hours, her mother finally came in. She was clearly concerned that Mer was doing something feminine, but that wasn't why she was there.

She was there about marriage.

Brave doesn't start here

~33~

As Jackson trudged toward home, he thought of all of the Big Four's fun experiences. That was how he was making it through this. Focusing on the fun.

"Finally!" he heard John call as he reached his home after 7 hours of walking. Yes, he was rather resilient.

"Jackson! Are you okay?" Emma, his sister, called as she ran up to hug him. She had known that he had had to tell his friends--his true friends--that he was leaving that day.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go back and see them again when I'm 18," he told her. He could tell her anything. She was the most loving, understanding person ever. He was blessed to have her.

Five days after the Big Four's last meeting, his family had packed up the last of their stuff. They boarded the boat and left to America.

About a year later, he took his sister ice skating on a lake. The ice cracked, and he fell through saving her and drowned.