Luck of the Irish

Noah-

Rubbing my face, I let Hades out into my large back yard. His large black and white frame darted out the door and ran around the grass looking for the perfect place to handle his business. Leaning against the door way, I pulled my phone from my back pocket and checked my emails. 

Feeling a gently nudge against my hip bone I looked down to see my great dane looking up at me. I smiled and patted his head before moving to the side and let him in. I locked the door then made my way to my living room couch. 

I sighed in relief as I finally was able to relax. After working a 17-hour shift in the emergency room, I was ready to just relax, cuddle with Hades, and eat some pop-. 

I suddenly shot off the couch as my door literally got kicked in. Two overly large men came in carrying a wounded man. My eyes widened as they raised guns to point at my head. Hades came in barking and snarling at the men. As the one turned to point the gun at him I jumped in front of it. 

"Wait! Don't hurt him!" I turned to Hades. "Down. Kennel." I said strongly. He looked at me a moment before whimpering and running to the kennel. I quickly fastened it close. I wouldn't forgive myself if my baby got hurt. 

Turning back towards the men, I watched as they sat the injured man on my pristine couch. My eyes widened as once again a gun was pointed at me. 

"Fix him, Doctor." One male said. I raised my hands showing that I didn't have a weapon. 

"Look, he needs a hospital. I can't just perform surgery in my house!" The man took a menacing step towards me. I swallowed nervously. "Okay. Okay. I need a bag from upstairs. It has my medical supplies in it. It's a black leather bag." I hesitantly walked over to the man. I glanced up at his face and quickly had to school my features. 

He was gorgeous. A full head of beautiful red hair, thick beard of the same shade of red. I was sure that a strong jawline was hidden underneath. My bag was sat beside me, effectively bringing me out of my delusion. 

I cleared my throat and pulled out my sheers only to have to barrel of a gun pressed to the back of my head. My eyes sharpened as I shot a glare to the beautiful man. 

"I can't help you with a fucking gun to my head. Tell your men to back off so I can properly focus." I stared at his face. Some thing about him seemed familiar but I couldn't place him. With a subtle nod to his men, they stepped away from me. 

I saw someone sit on the chair to my right while the other one checked the windows and wandered through the house. Looking over my patient, I saw a gunshot wound to his left shoulder and one to his right upper thigh. 

"Wanna tell me what happened?" I asked as I cut his shirt, exposing the wound. I pulled on some gloves and gently touched around the wound, ignoring his slight hiss of pain. "Can you at least give me a name to call you?" I started cutting his pants. Once both wounds were exposed I grabbed some saline water out of my bag. 

"Don't worry about my name, Dr. Jax." His deep voice resonated through my body causing a shiver to run up my spine. I glanced up to meet his eyes. 

"How do you know who I am?" I turned to the man sitting on my chair. "I need some towels and a bowl of warm water." I waited for him to bring me my supplies before I set forth with cleaning his wounds. 

"I know all there is to know about you, Noah Jax. You graduated top of your class in medical school. You've been a dedicated doctor at Core Regional for the last five years. You have a very high IQ that has let you become very skilled at only 28 years old." My hands faltered at his description of me.