Unicorns in the Garden

the sun was shining high in the sky and the gardens looked like a magical garden. Julianna spent so much of her childhood listening to her father's voice here. He spun grand tales of mythical beasts, and stories of his adventurous childhood. This garden was her fathers and hers, none of the servants entered unless caring for the plants and her mother never intruded. The garden was her very own fairytale land. A playground for her to spend her lonely time. She shared her garden with Fredrick once, but she didn't think he understood the importance of it for he never returned.

julianna stepped into the garden, tears streaking her face. She took a deep shaky breath and looked up at the sky. thoughts of Fredrick and her mother's request raced through her head and through her tiny sobs of anger she whispered " what is my mother thinking? how can she be so naive?" she shook her head and sat on one of the stone benches that surrounded the fountain in the center of the garden and waited for her friends to appear. The original teachers of the language of horses, the unicorns, who lived in their garden. Eating from the trees that produced golden apples and drinking from the crystal clear waters of the fountain. the unicorn statues that surrounded the fountain were a tribute to them.

The unicorns' powers were vast and unknown. They could easily calm the mind of any and inspire all. The unicorns were like grand oracles for they knew the future and past. They knew all that is and all that will be. Even when they spoke in riddles they would sooth julianna's fears and doubts.

"please my dear friends, I need your guidance." Julianna whispered and like magic they appeared before her. Julianna smiled in joy at seeing her four friends. They looked the same, never aging and though Julianna knew they were thousands of years old she couldn't help but see them as young like her. Julianna stood to her feet and Julianna turned to the first male and female unicorns and bowed

"Greetings Nestor and Moriba seekers of knowledge and wisdom" Julianna then turned to the second pair and bowed again.

"Greetings, Cortesi and Amara, the eternal and bold ones." Julianna knew the unicorns were a noble creature and greetings and titles were important to their race. Nestor stepped forward and gently nuzzled julianna and in return julianna hugged him tenderly.

"we are sorry for your loss, Julianna of Florentine ancestry and princess of the land Eqoria." Nestor spoke in the hidden horse language. " Hagret of the florentine ancestry and king of the land of Eqoria was a dear friend to us, and he will be sorely missed."