The Queen's Demand

"Do you hear that? Do you hear that song?" Aros growled.

"Yes, my lord. I hear a faint whisper on the wind." the servant said his head still in a deep bow. His body was weak and gangly, his skin grey and pasty. The servants had his long black hair tied in a loose ponytail, which rested against his hunched back.

"It's the elven queen's song. She sings it louder each full moon. The time is drawing near." Aros cooed. He turned his yellow eyes toward his servant.

"What will you do, my lord?" the servant said in a meek voice, trying to avoid the piercing glare of the demon dragon Lord.

"If a dragon dares have the courage to go against me even after the course then I have no choice but to set an example. We must scare them further; I want them to cower for their lives. Let them believe they are going extinct, send someone to hunt my miserable slaves." Aros purred. A sharp grin pulled across his face.

"The Queen of Eqoria, she has many armies at her disposal. The society of the wild ox has just killed her king; her mind is in shatters, my lord. Allow me to bend her to your will?" the servant said finally raising his head to the hellish creature before him. He was not fully beast nor was he fully man, with skin a deep red and gnarly black horns growing from his skull. He had long straight black hair that he let fall around his face, framing his high cheekbones and square jaw. His yellow snake-like eyes were paralyzing. His body was fully toned, nothing covering his gleaming skin.

"Yes, she will be perfect. Take advantage of her weakness, my pet." Aros cooed, as a stream of black goo flowed in front of the servant. It pooled into a small pond and rippled. The blackness faded away, with an image of the mortal queen replacing it. Her red hair was pulled back into a messy curly bun, while tears streak her fair cheeks. She mourned over her dead husband, her king, her best friend. The queen sat at the large table, a plate of fruit in front of her.

"She is so broken, my lord. It will be mere child's play." The servant said boldly.

"Then do what you must." Aros bellowed. The servant bowed his head to his master and closed his pure white eyes.

"My queen, hear me now, hear the words I speak to you." the servant cooed. The queen raised her head from her fruit in alarm.

"who... who is there?" the queen stuttered as she rose from her chair, knocking it back with a loud thud. Her eyes looked everywhere for the voice, but she was alone in the grand dining room.

"I am someone here to help you have your vengeance on the ones who really killed your husband." the servant said his voice low.

"the ones who really killed my husband, what do you mean?" the queen said her voice filled with confusion. She was frightened, but the thought of truly learning who killed the man she loved was too great for her to pass up.

"The dragons, my queen, the dragons. They planned this; they planned your husband's death. The dragons don't want a human king; they don't want humans on their island. They used there mysterious magic to murder your husband." the servant said, his lies soaking into the queen's mind.

"The dragons? But my daughter said it was the wild ox and the dragons have always been my husband's friends, why would they want him dead?" the queen said, her head spinning. This didn't make sense. She knew the dragons admired her husband for his kindness towards them.

"That is nothing more than part of the dragons plan; you would never go after the dragons if it looked like the most obvious person. They deceived your husband, do not be fooled too, my queen." the servant said, weaving more lies.

"But... how do I know you speak the truth?" the queen asked. Her hand trembled at her side. What if it was true? She couldn't let the dragons destroy her kingdom. And if it was false? She didn't want to ruin the alliance the kingdom had with the dragons.