Ch. 14 "Give it your best shot."

Winter

I kicked Victor out so I could unpack my friends and get acquainted with my new ones. I plug my phone up to the speaker and blare my music as I set everything up. Hiroshi is currently sitting on one of the loveseats, Dahlia is on a book self and the others are scattered around on shelves throughout my half of the house.

I dance around my living room singing a song that means a lot to me, because it fits me so well.

"You sleep with your silence
You act like you like it
No one'll buy the gold you're showing
Cuz you
Die for the drama
That cute little trauma
Better to fight than lay down hoping
Someone could save you but they won't
Hate partying on sinking boats
You would rather keep your clothes dry
You're pretty sharp around the edge
You cut the dreams right out your head
Never good at keeping friends
You're not a nice giiirl
You're in your own world
But I won't blame you no
I won't try to change you no
Cuz you're not a nice giiirl
No you're not a nice giiirl
Oh who did you dirty
Did they leave in hurry
With the girl from the bar
He swore he'd forget
There's nothing wrong with solo
That's something that you should know
There's beauty in the let go, just let go let go go
Someone could save you but they won't
Hate partying on sinking boats
You would rather keep your clothes dry
You're pretty sharp around the edge
You cut the dreams right out your head
Never good at keeping friends
You're not a nice girl
You're in your own world
But I won't blame you no
I won't try to change you no
Cuz you're not a nice giiirl
No you're not a nice giiirl
You're not a nice giirl
You're in your own world
No you're not a nice girl"

As the song finishes I grab up my phone and head out of my door to the kitchen. I hum as I look through the cabinets.

"What are you up to, Miss not a nice girl?" A voice rings out in the silence and I jump.

I turn toward the dark side of the kitchen and glare at Victor who's sitting at the bar eating a sandwich. "Well I was looking for something to make for dinner."

He holds up his hands as he chuckles, "you don't need to glare like that. I'm not going to change you, I like you the way you are."

I go back to searching through the cabinets and fridge as I huff to hide the blush creeping across my face. "Stupid jerk. Don't lie."

He laughs, "who's lying?"

I sneer back at him as I pull out some salmon, rice, soy sauce, brown sugar and minced garlic. I grab a frying pan and add the soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic. I get that starting to heat up as I put the rice in another pan to cook. I begin cutting the salmon in small chunks as I hum to myself. I check the sauce and add the fish to it and begin stirring it through out the sauce.

When everything is done I make two bowls of it, the fish and sauce mixture on top of the rice. I slide one to Victor who's been silently watching me, "Enjoy." I grab a pair of chopsticks and sit my bowl down on the bowl.

He cocks an eyebrow at me, "where's my chopsticks?" He holds up the fork I gave him. "I don't want this."

I sneer at him as I throw chopsticks at him and he catches them, "there jerk. Next time get them yourself."

He chuckles and we both start to eat. His eyes widen in shock, "this is pretty good."

I hold my head high as I swallow, "it's one of my favorite things to make. It's even better cold actually. The mixture is actually meant to go in onigiri."

The corner of his mouth raises up in a smile, "well, well. Who knew that the little panther could cook? So not only are you a skilled killer but you're a skilled cooker. Interesting."

I cock an eyebrow out him and point at him with my chopsticks, "keep being a smart ass and I'll yeet you out the door." I turn my hand to point the chopsticks at the door.

He grins at me and signals for me to bring it, "give it your best shot."

I stand up, sliding the stool back and he does the same thing. I walk around the bar and smirk at him, "you know, I won't go as easy on you as I did the last time."

He cocks his head to the side, "I'd be disappointed if you did." He crosses his arms as he watches me expectantly. Amusement dancing in his eyes.

👀👀 Do you think she'll be able to yeet him out the door? We'll see in the next chapter 💖