Sugawara: my darling

OLDER! SUGAWARA X SINGLE-PARENT! READER

bonus info: minsouke will be your daughter in this oneshot. 

_____________

sugawara watched as children filled the elementary hallways, he grinned to his returning students who grinned at the sight of their beloved teacher. 
he also greeted his co-workers who stood outside their classroom door. sugawara had a soft wide smile on his face, until a woman stood in front of him. she adorned a nice yellow sundress with black flats with hairpins in her hair that pushed away strands that went into her face. she looked down at the little girl who held her hand softly. 
" hello. im (L/n) (Y/n), this is my daughter minsouke. im a new teacher at this school " she grinned. sugawara smiled and bowed. 
" hello! welcome to the school! i'm sure you both will fit right in" sugawara crouched down to minsoukes height. " hi (l/n)-chan! im your teacher sugawara! i have some papers and crayons onto the tables, just find a seat and i'll be with you in a moment " the little girl nodded before turning to her mother. " i'll pick you up as soon as im done " minsouke nodded and closed her eyes when her mother kissed the top of her head. 

the little girl walked into the class and sat at her table. sugawara looked at the woman and smiled " i'm glad to have another teacher around here that's around my age! " he joked and the woman chuckled into her hand " no problem, i'm surprised to see a male teacher here. i haven't seen one around here expect Mr. Adachi who is in his late 50's " she pointed at the old teacher down the hall and sugawara nodded " i heard from my friends that im perfect for this job. saying something about being a motherly influence " he chuckled and (y/n) nodded " yeah! i see it " (y/n) looked at her wrist watch and smiled " i have to go to my class, see you around Mister Sugawara " she grinned before walking off. sugawara nodded as he watched the new teacher walk off, loud thumping going on in his chest. 

it wasn't a lie. the two each other more often due to minsouke being in sugawara's class. the two were always seen having their lunch time together or grading their students stuff together. it didn't take a while for sugawara to notice the lack of an engagement ring on her left hand, but it wasn't only that. 
he's seen the looks the older teacher sent her way, the glares, the whispers, the pointing and facial expressions. he didn't quiet understood as to why they strayed away from her. it wasn't until an older female teacher started berating the woman in front of her class. 
" YOU IMBECILE! YOU NEVER STOP DO YOU? THIS DEPARTMENT IS ABOUT TEACHING THESE CHILDREN THE SAME THING! " (y/n) furrowed her eyebrows, shielding her students behind her with her body and arms. " i-i understand, but you have to understand. not every children are gonna be inspired by the same path. they have many routs to go through to finally realize what they want! we teachers are tasked to teach these children, inspire them, care for them for they are the next generation. they are not robots " the old lady fumed while her students cowared back. 

it was like a mother wolf protecting from her cubs from a huge old wolf who had her pups behind her. (y/n) had her tail between her legs but she didn't stop from making her point

" it doesn't matter! they all end up the same place! in a office cubicle or a construction worker! nothing important! " she hissed. (y/n) gulped " that's what you may think! but these kids are extraordinary! they can change the world. they could become a huge athlete, a renowned doctor, a chef! we have to trust that they mean more to the world, they are the seeds while we are the water. life is the sun, if we are not careful, the plant can die and go down as the sun slowly drains the plant " 
it didn't take long for the other teachers to calm the elder down, but that didn't stop the old woman to spit out insults. " you unmarried whore of a mother should hurry up and get married so your daughter won't end up like you! " sugawara understood then. 

you were a single mother! 

he's seen many single mothers in his years of life. he's never had a bad view of them, always a wave of remorse when seeing single mothers try to save so much money for their children. 

sugawara then started going daring. flirting with the single mother who always raised an eyebrow at the man when making copies of paperwork. 

" I'd never play hide and seek with you because someone like you is impossible to find " he'd wink as the woman was baffled at his pick up line. she watched the blushing male return to his classroom who cheered at his arrival. 

" Roses are red, my face is too, that only happens when I'm around you " his face was indeed red as he stood in front of his class. a single rose in hand. (y/n) smiled and accepted the rose. " thank you " 

" My friends bet I can't talk to the prettiest girl. Wanna use their money to buy drinks? " (y/n) laughed into her hand with the other resting on her stomach as sugawara held out bills in his hand. 

" Roses are red, violets are blue, it would be a shame if I couldn't date you! " (y/n) looked at the bouquet of roses and then the man holding them. his cheeks were flared up with a soft smile. 

" how could i say no to that? " (y/n) grinned before  accepting the bouquet as the students cheered. 

" did you do it? " daichi questioned and sugawara smiled " she said yes! im so glad she did because i wouldn't know what to do with 12 roses " he sweatdropped. daichi chuckled " damn " tanaka hissed before handing out a few bills to sugawara along with nishinoya. sugawara snickered before snatching the bills from their hands. 
" sugawara? " the male turned and smiled " (l/n)-chan! " he jumped to his seat to greet the woman who was with minsouke. sugawara looked down at minsouke who smiled " ko-chan! " she hugged the man who picked her up. 
hinata gazed at the two, sipping his drink with his tanned hand. he looked towards the little girl who had a beauty mark on the same place sugawara had his. ' secret love child? ' he thought but kept his mouth shut. " sorry to disturb your fun sugawara, i just had to see if it really was you " (y/n) shyly smiled but sugawara shook his head " don't worry! we were just talking about you " " i hope all good things? " the man nodded " come sit with us " he offered and the woman nodded before sitting down and looked at sugawara who had minsouke on his lap. the girl was smiling her hearts content in the arms of sugawara while messing with his right hand. " this is the first time i've seen you other clothing sugawara. i must say, it suits you " she winked. 

sugawara wore a gray plain hoodie with a black jacket over it, he also wore a pair of dark blue jeans that were ripped at the knees and some converse. this was the first time she's seen his adorn such a dark color palette. sugawara blushed at her compliment " it-it's nothing really! you look really beautiful " (y/n)
Wore a high waisted black slacks that had a black belt wrapped around her waist. She had a white button up short with the first three buttons undone. Minsouke had her hair in pigtails and a navy blue sundress and black flats.
" thank you " (y/n) turned towards the other people at the table. " I'm (L/n) (Y/n), i'm pleased to meet you all " she bowed and the others did the same. " I'm Sawamura Daichi" " Azumane Asahi " " Hinata Shoyo " " Tanaka Ryunosuke " " our other friends couldn't make it to the meet up " daichi said and sugawara pouted " what a bunch of weasels " minsouke giggled and continued to play with sugawara's large hands. 

the time was well spent with the two girls getting to know the rest of the group, minsouke being amazed by hinata who bragged innocently about his volleyball career. the night ended with (y/n) and a sleeping minsouke in sugawara arms. the three walked together. 
" you do know about the rumors about me right? " sugawara nodded " yeah, but i could care less " the woman furrowed her eyebrows " what does that mean? " 

" well. i like you for you. i liked you before i knew about you being a single mother, i liked you a lot more when i saw how humble you were when taking care of minsouke on your own. so i'm glad you accepted my offer of a date " (y/n) giggled and smiled " i'm glad you think so koushi " the boy erupted in red with a tight smile. " don't-don't worry about it! besides... i'd like to be the father figure in minsoukes life.. if that was okay with you? " 

(y/n) smiled " we'll see koushi. but i do hope so " the two held hands and made their way home.