32

~the next day at school~

Seungmin is on his way to class, cautiously walking down the halls, trying to avoid seeing Hyunjin.

but he's unsuccessful.

he turns to walk down the hall that his class is on, but quickly runs back and hides behind a wall as he spots Hyunjin.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS IT, WHIMP!" Hyunjin yells. he's holding this guy by the collar of his shirt and shaking him. the guy looks terrified and dangles from Hyunjin's grasp.

"i-i d-dont kn-know," the guy stutters.

Hyunjin releases him, causing the boy to violently drop to the floor. Hyunjin kicks him really hard in the stomach and walks off towards the other end of the hallway.

once Hyunjin is gone Seungmin rushes over to the guy.

"hey, are you okay?" he asks sincerely.

"y-yeah, t-thank you." the guy says scrambling to pick up his scattered books.

"here, let me help you." Seungmin says, helping the guy pick up his books. "what's your name?" he asks.

"you w-want to know m-my name?" the guy asks, puzzled.

"yeah," Seungmin giggles with a bright smile.

"i-it's Junghwan."

"ah, Junghwan. it's very nice to meet you."

"l-likewise."

Seungmin thinks Junghwan is really nice and feels bad that he's on the receiving end of Hyunjin's wrath. although he doesn't want to, he feels in his heart it's only right for him to stick up to Hyunjin for Junghwan.

~after school at Jisung's house~

Jisung sets his backpack down beside his bed. he plops down onto the plush mattress and lets out a loud sigh. he thinks back to last night, after the movie, after hearing the truth, and after running away in tears. his pillow was soaked with tears last night as he cried himself to sleep.

"oh did i say boyfriend? i meant fiance." still rings in Jisung's ears as he thinks about what happened last night.

he sighs once again, and lays down on his damp, cold pillow to ease his mind.

~later in the day~

Minho lays in his bed staring up at the ceiling. he hears his front door open and close and footsteps coming down the hall.

his bedroom door opens and Sunho pokes his head in the door.

"Minho," he says, but doesn't receive an answer. "Minho, get up. we're having dinner with your father."

"okay," mumbles Minho as Sunho leaves, shutting the door behind him.

Minho let's out a soft sigh as he thinks about Jisung. he didn't go to school today because he didn't want to face a terribly heartbroken Jisung.

"i love him....," Minho thinks, "and i never meant to hurt him. i can't tell him though because he wouldn't want to hear that. he probably won't even want to see me."

Sunho comes back in and says, "i have to run out for a new pair of slacks before we head to dinner. please be ready when i get back, okay?"

Minho just nods in response.

A while after Sunho leaves, he hears someone banging on the door.

he gets out of the bed to go unlock the door, and to his surprise, it's Jisung. A terribly heartbroken Jisung.

"sungie...,"Minho says.