39

And before any of them can say anything else, "what's that?" they hear a voice say from behind them.

they turn around and it's none other than Hyunjin.

"what is that?" he asks again, wiping his face dry with his sleeves.

"it's nothing," Minho says, shoving the paper behind his back and crumbling it up.

"then why are you hiding it?" asks Hyunjin.

"i...uh- well, here," he says handing the crumbled paper to Hyunjin.

Hyunjin skims over the contract. After, he crumbled it back up and clenches his jaw in anger and disappointment. "I should have known. it was too sudden. we were good, we were happy. how could he do this? how could they do this?" he exclaims.

The others are lost for words. Why would Seungmin agree to this? There, his signature lay on a crumbled piece of paper, bound to stay away from the one he truly loves, for a lifetime.

"there's a good reason for this," Jeongin says, "he wouldn't have ever done this if he didn't have to."

"you know him, Hyunjin." says Felix. "you know his heart more than anyone else. he loves you. he wouldn't hurt you like this if he had any other choice."

"he made himself sick over this. physically sick. he probably hates himself because of this. his biggest regret is the same thing you hate him for now. we have to find him so that you both can resolve this and have each other again." says Chan.

There's a silence, and a fear that they all share for what Hyunjin is about to say. They know he's stubborn and can be nonchalant, but they also know that he cares deeply for Seungmin.

Hyunjin faces his friends and says, "well then what the hell are we standing around for? let's find him."

They all smile and get to work to find Seungmin. Minho grabs a map and marker from the glove compartment of Chan's car.

"Okay, everyone. This is Seungmin's job, there, his home, here, Felix's home, then Chan's house, Jisung's house, mine and Changbin's, Hyunjin's house, and then Jeongin's house," he says placing dots on each location with the black marker, "and this here is our school."

They all watch as he connects the dots and draws a circle around the perimeter. "This is where we start. The message was personal so it will most likely be from someone local, someone who knows us and somewhere close to this area." Minho says.

"Now this,-" he continues. "Wait,"says Changbin. He points to a spot on the map. "you said local right?" asks Changbin. Minho nods. "Them. There." Changbin says.

"What is that?" asks Jisung.

"Lakeshare," says Hyunjin, "Lakeshare High school."