Chapter 3 | You better cover your mouth when you cough! (Faith's Wolf on Side)

| Devin |

I walked out of Faiths room breathless. She was so stunning and all I wanted to do was kiss her on the spot!

I walked downstairs grabbing my jacket. "Devin!" Here comes that voice. I cursed inwardly but turned around. "Yes Caitlin?" I kept it short and sharp with her. Exactly what you're suppose to be like once you have a mate.

"Will you please come with me?" She begged. She bit her lip, which I think she thought was sexy.

I looked at her in disgust. "Look Caitlin, I have a mate now so leave me only. And don't think about bothering my mate either."

Boy did that sound good together!

My mate.

My mate.

My mate.

It just sounded so right. Like it was meant to be said by me. Over and over. As many times as I want! And I was going to say it. Many more times. I don't think the word mate will ever wear out.

Walking the crisp afternoon air felt good. I quickly ducked behind a tree and stripped. I let my wolf Rey take over and I enjoyed just playing around and running through the woods.

As I was about to head back and shift, I heard some leaves rustle. I tensed ready to pounce. A beautiful grey wolf emerged and before I could do anything, I pounced.

The grey wolf yelped as I snarled at her. Then I stopped.

'This wolf is your mate idiot!' Rey said in my mind. I whimpered and jumped off Faith. I bowed my head a-wolfs way of apologizing. Suprising me, Faith's wolf licked all over my face and sniffed me.

I did the same and that's how my afternoon went.

-----

Faith and I shifted and walked back to the pack house a little while after. She told me she wanted to try the mate thing but she said I needed to take it slow. So I will. I'll do anything for her.

Once we were back at the pack house, I noticed my mom's car was back. She needed to go out and but some groceries this morning and I'm guessing she went out shopping afterwards.

Faith and I walked inside the back door which opened almost immediately to the kitchen.

"Hi Devin, will you please help me with the groceries?" She asked not turning around from the fridge.

I cleared my throat and coughed awkwardly.

"You better cover your mouth when you cough young man!" She scolded.

Breaking the ice, I pierced the silence, "Hey mom," I paused trying to find the right words, "This is Faith... My mate."

I know the word 'mate' caught her attention.

She whipped around so fast you would've thought her head would fall off, but it stayed securely placed on her shoulders.

She hastily shut the fridge's door and ran over to where I was standing with Faith. I don't know what she was thinking but she looked somewhat uncomfortable.

"Oh dear." My mom said placing a hand of Faith's cheek. "She's so beautiful!" I could see her eyes tear up, but I knew she wouldn't let the tears fall.

"Thank you." Faith replied with a sweet smile.

'I know she's beautiful. I've never seen a she-wolf who posses more beauty then my wonderful mate.' I heard Rey say in the back of my mind.

Honestly, I had to agree. Faith was sweet, beautiful, gentle, and caring. Those were just the traits you need for the Luna role.

I couldn't help but smile at the thought.

I felt someone poke my cheek and looked down to see Faith looking innocently at me. "What are you smiling about?" She asked a little shyly.

I didn't waste any time beating around the bush and was straightforward with her, "I was smiling because I was just thinking about how you are perfect for the role of Luna."

She looked down in embarrassment and blushed but murmured a quick 'thanks.'

If it wasn't for my wolf hearing I wouldn't have heard her.

But I did and right then and there, I knew that Faith will be with me for as long as I can help it. That's when I vowed to myself that I would protect her with every bone in my body.

I'd do anything for my sweet little mate.