CHAPTER 12

JAKE'S POV

"Shit! My head!"I groaned when I feel like my head is cutting into pieces.I just woke up now with this headache of mine.

I looked at the room and the bed where Im lying. It's not my bed! It's not my room!

"Gosh! Where the hell is me?!" I shouted when nobody answered me. One more thing.

"Where's my clothes?! What happened to me last night?" Gulong-gulo ang isip ko kung ano ba ang nangyayari sakin, wala akong maalalang pangyayari. Gamit ang kumot ay ibinalot ko doon ang aking sarili at lumabas sa naturang silid.

"Oh! You're already awaken. Well,Good Morning Jake. Your breakfast is ready!" she happily greeted me while my mind is still at the question what really happened last night. And what is she doing here? Is it her place where I slept all night?

"What Im doing here?"I asked her directly.

"You didn't remember?"

"Would Im going to ask you if I already know? Where's my clothes? I need to go. I have my work to attend to."

"Why are you still pretending that everything's are ok now? Please Jake,let's start over again."

I took a deep breath and went back to the room,trying to find where my clothes are.

"Nonsense Claire. Stop acting like you care, coz from the very start, you never did."I said that as I wear them again and quickly stepped out the room.

"By the way,thank you for letting me to stay here in your place. No need to ask you what happened that night because Im not interested anymore." I said then I went outside to find a bus.

"Hayss,anong nangyari kagabi? San na napunta si Kiana?"bulong ko na tila naguguluhan. Sa wakas ay nakasakay na rin ako,kaya bahagya kong sinandal ang ulo ko at pilit na inalala ang lahat. Pero lalo lang sumasakit ang ulo ko.

"Hayss,this is weird. What Im doing there in her condo? How did she find me there?" A lot of questions are entering in my minds. Better to to ask Kiana about what really happened. She would never tell me a lie.

_________________

RYLER'S POV

"Are you doing good?"

"Im doing my best Dad,you don't have to worry about."

"Be ready Rye,make sure that everything's would be fall into place when it comes of the right time I given to you ."

"Yes Dad."

"Prepare them. Train them more. Practice their skills more to enhance their abilities. That's one of your task you'll need to be succeed Rye. Huwag na masyadong maging pabaya. Be a responsible boss and future heirs of our company.May tiwala naman ako sayo,"

"Thank you Dad." Then the he ended the call.

Then I sighed deeply.

________________

JAKE'S POV

Nagmamadali akong nagtungo sa opisina namin. Sinalubong agad ako ng kunot-noong si Shawn na halatang may hindi magandang balita sakin.

"Ba't ngayon ka lang? Kanina pa naghihintay ang boss natin sayo."

"S-sorry."turan ko at inayos na ang mga papeles sa ibabaw ng table ko. Maya-maya lang ay dumating si Janice na humahangos.

"Guys! Pinapatawag lahat ni Sir Ryler ang employees! May urgent meeting daw,now na!"saad nito at mabilis na lumabas ng silid.

"Tara?"yaya sakin ni Shawn.

"Sunod ako."sagot ko rito na tinanguan lang niya. Hays,ano na naman kayang pagmemetingan ngayon. Inayos ko ang itsura ko sa harap ng salamin,sa totoo lang ay sumasakit pa ang ulo ko, dala siguro ng hang over. Pero di ko naman pwedeng pabayaan ang trabaho ko. Isinuot ko na ang coat ko at reading glass at lumabas na rin ng silid.

__________________

Fastforwarddddddd....

"Mayroon na lang tayong sampung araw para paghandaan ang magaganap na palitan sa pagitan ng dalawang kompanya. Kailangan nating madaliin ang proseso,mabilis ngunit progresibo." Turan ng boss namin.

"Pero sir,wala pa po sa kalahati ang natatrain nila."singit ni Shawn.

"Iyan ang dapat nating pag-usapan sa ngayon. Mrs. Lourdes and I had a talk a while ago and I told her about the only 10 days of preparation. Maybe we can skip other task that are not much important. We need to be in a hurry, Dad will came next week and he's expecting that everythings would be alright as soon as possible."he then took a deep breath before continuing what he wants to say.

"In accordance to meet the exact date,we need to work hard and hard. They need to be train more and learn different things that would possibly help them. So,I want you to all to give your attention and focus to this incoming event of our company. This is not a simple event as everyone's expecting. It can affect the progression of our company ,so we need to be careful in our employee. Double your time as much as you can, eye on them. We can cooperate Mrs. Lourdes about that. Is that all clear?"

"Yes sir!" We chorusly said.

Hayst, I think ,this would be a restless work days of ours. Wait, I need to find Kiana. There are things I need to clarify with her. There still something that she's the only one who can answer.

I looked around to find where Kiana is, and finally I spotted her there, sitting to one respective chair in front of the training room.

"Hey!"I said as I walked towards her. I was about to come near her when she stand up and started to stepped away. I think she's going to use the stairs.

"Kiana!" I called her louder but still no response,even looking at me. I walked faster to caught her stepping quickly not to see me,I think. Is she avoiding me? Finally I grabbed her arms and face her in me.

"Hey, is there any problem? Are you avoiding me?"

"H-ha? Ikaw pala yan Jake. A-ano yun?"

"You can't fool me Kiana, I know you hear me but you never turned around to see me."

"A-ah,pasensya na. Marami lang siguro akong iniisip k-kaya Hindi kita napansin na tinatawag mo ako."she's trembling and can't look directly to me. I know she's lying.

"Look,tell me what happened last night. Alam kong ikaw ang kasama ko kagabi sa Bar, pero pano ako napunta sa condo ni Claire?!" hindi ko sinasadyang magtaas ng boses sa kaniya,pero kailangan ko lang makakuha ng sagot. Kita sa mukha niya ang gulat nang mapasigaw ako.

"S-sandali mo lang ako nakasama kagabi Jake,lasing na lasing ka na kaya umuwi na ako. Hindi ko na alam kung anong nangyari."

Is she fooling me? Alam kong kasama ko pa siya kagabi,hindi ako pwedeng magkamali. Ayokong malaman ang sagot kaya Claire dahil malamang kung hindi kulang ay dadagdagan niya ang sagot.

"Hindi ako naniniwala Kiana, you can't leave me there! Lalo na at lasing na lasing ako! Please, tell me the truth."

"That's the truth Jake. It's up to you kung hindi ka maniwala." she was about to leave when I grabbed again her arms to stopped her.

Hindi kaya nag-usap sila ni Claire to plan para mapunta ako sa condo niya? Sinet-up niya lang ba ang pagdamay niya sakin kagabi?

"You can't leave things hanging. Kiana,sabihin mo mga sa akin ang totoo. Sinet- up mo lang ba ako kagabi?" I directly asked that to her, maybe I can hurt her feelings but I just want to know the truth. Ayoko nang niloloko ako.

"A-anong sinet-up?" nanlalaking mata niyang turan sakin na halatang hindi makapaniwala sa sinabi ko. She sighed before continuing what she's going to say.

"All this time Jake? Gumawa na nga ako ng ikakapabor mo tapos you will just acusing me like that??"

"Then how? Pano ako napunta dun? Ikaw ang kasama ko kagabi kaya ikaw ang nakakaalam!" turan ko rito ,iiling-iling lang siya habang pinipilit tanggalin ang braso niya sa pagkakahawak ko.