Ready as I'll Ever Be

"He's having visions again," she huffed as soon as Harry left. "He can't honestly think we don't notice."

The sound of Harry shouting echoed down the long halls. I instinctively reached for my wand.

Ron's frown darkened. "We ought go after him."

He and Hermione got up and headed towards the door. The sound of chairs scraping on the floor clashed horribly with the sounds from upstairs.

"Wait." I jumped up and walked over to them. "All of us confronting him won't do anything. Let me talk to him."

Ron and Hermione shared a dubious look in the doorway. Finally, they relented.

"Alright," Ron said slowly. "If you think it will help."

I turned and ran up the stairs after Harry. Once I reached the bathroom, I knocked on the door. Harry's shouting continued. I pounded on the door once more. The screaming stopped.

"Harry," I said tiredly into the door. "Don't make me threaten to break down the door again."

The door opened to reveal Harry. He was pale and breathing heavily. His hair was crazier than usually. Upon peering through the door, I saw that a tube of toothpaste had been knocked into the sink.

"I was just using the—"

I shoved past him into the bathroom. "Don't insult my intelligence. You were having a vision."

Harry sat down on the edge of the bath. "Fine. I've just seen Voldemort murdering a woman. By now he's probably killed her whole family. And he didn't need to. It was Cedric all over again, they were just there ..."

I sighed and sat down next to him. "That must have been really hard for you to see. But Harry, you promised to tell us when you had another vision."

"What do you want me to say?" Harry said roughly. "That I'm rubbish at Occlumency and couldn't stop seeing things if I tried? That my visions are the closest thing we have to a clue about what Voldemort is doing."

"Harry," I said carefully. "we have no way to tell if those visions are real."

"You think I can't tell." said Harry in a dangerously low tone. "You think that after Sirius, I can't tell which ones are real or not."

"Of course not," I lied quickly. "But now that the connection is open, how are we sure Voldemort can't see what you see?"

"I told you all that this would be dangerous."

"Harry—"

"Kendra, this is my choice, nobody else's. I want to know why he's after Gregorovitch."

"Who?" I frowned.

"He's a foreign wandmaker," said Harry. "He made Krum's wand and Krum reckons he's brilliant."

"But according to you," I said, "Voldemort's got Ollivander locked up somewhere. If he's already got a wandmaker, what does he need another one for?"

"Maybe he agrees with Krum, maybe he thinks Gregorovitch is better ... or else he thinks Gregorovitch will be able to explain what my wand did when he was chasing me, because Ollivander didn't know."

"Is there anything I can say to stop you?" I asked.

Harry shook his head.

"Alright then." I stood up facing Harry. "We should tell the others."

Telling the others didn't go very well. However, with a hot headed nature and my sharp glares, we decided to drop the subject and study our plan for tomorrow.