Ch.10

When nightfall occurred Grant yawned and looked around. He hoped that his phone would get a bar of signal so he could call a tow truck. It seemed like the trip was over, especially after the big argument that occurred hours ago. He should have made sure the car would be able to travel such long distances. He felt terrible, he knew how much this trip had meant to Corania and nothing had actually turned upright. It seemed like everyone had an issue. Don't get him wrong he knew that everyone had their days when shit didn't just go right.

It seemed like a fog had started to form over their heads the further they got into the trip. Grant wasn't ignorant of Alice's snarky comments towards him. Yeah, he got it! He was scum because he had money. But why couldn't she see that he never flaunted his dad's money? It wasn't his money to wave around. Grant really tried to be her friend but he realized that Alice was more Corania friends than his and he accepted that. Jace, on the other hand, had been a long time friend but as he grew up he realized that they weren't friends because they clicked.

They were friends given the circumstances. Grant had outgrown a lot of things and people and the only thing that he wanted from his past was Corania. Taking out his phone he frowned at the empty signals bars. Not even one fricken bar and could you believe he had paid over a thousand dollars for the current iPhone. With the amount, he spent he should be able to get a single bar! Stuffing the useless contraption back into his pocket he looked out the window and was surprised to see that the town had lights on and if he squinted hard enough he could see people!

"Guys! Wake up, there are people," he called out

Jace groaned and sat up while cracking his neck. "Where? is a tow truck here?"

"No man, at the attraction." He explained

"Huh, what are yall going on about," Alice grumbled while pulling her blanket tighter around her frame.

"We can get some damn help and get the hell out of this shitty van batty," Jace said while throwing his blanket over the chair and swinging the door open.

Corania yawned and looked at the town. "That's strange," she said to herself.

"What's strange?" Alice asked while pulling on her black hoodie

"That there are people, we looked around and no one didn't even come out."

"Yeah well, at least they're here now," Alice said and hoped out.

She didn't even care that this whole situation was strange and weird and Corania had a bad feeling that they shouldn't even try to see who these mysterious people were.

They were already walking towards town.

"Cora, come on I'm hungry," Alice called her to catch up.

The words of the old lady from the motel pop up in her mind and a shiver passed its way up her spine.

Corania walked up so she could catch up with the group and walked beside Alice. When they walked into town they were greeted with people of all shades dressed pretty oddly. They were dressed like they were living in another period. But she guessed that was because the amusement factor of the town was that they were in the wild west.

Grant walked up to a man who was sitting on a bar entrance that said tavern on top.

"Excuse me sir, but is there somewhere we could make a phone call?" Grant asked

The man's skin was a deep and rich brown and his eyes were covered by black shades.  The man took a deep breath and inhaled.

" Phone? Huh. Don't know about no phone here but you can check at Miss Roslyn inn down yonder. Yall lost or something?" he asked his voice sounded like gravel

" No sir our car stopped just up ahead and were trying to call for assistance," Corania answered

"Mmhm well don't y'all sound young and tired." he laughed loudly

"Umm yeah... I guess?" Alice said while passing Corania a weird look.

"Well yall best be heading on to Miss. Rose. wouldn't want y'all to miss dinner. I'm sure it be the last thing y'all remember about this place." he said

"Well thanks, sir," Grant said

As they walked ahead Corania looked back she saw that his shades were removed. His left eye was milky and a large scar running down his eyelid. That wasn't the scariest part, it was the fact that his right eye was a bright red. And in the blink of an eye, it was a dull brown.