The red girl

We decided to skip the pageantry and have a simple dinner.
The food is prepared to perfection, and it feels wrong to be eating it so casually. All seven courses are brought separately to the small table in Mavens room. "Mare, I know what you've gone through is bad.. but I want you to remember the good things. I'm not one for minds or triggering it to work, but if you need to talk about it I'm here." I look at Maven and I feel a tear slip. Maven reaches across the table and grabs my hand, I gently circle my thumb on his hand. "Maven, I'm not sure I want to remember anything. This could just be a new start for me." Maven miss his head but I can tell his thoughts are a thousand miles a minute. "Maven, what are you thinking?" He looks at me almost shocked "oh! No there was just a problem mother had that I might've found a solution for." Now it's my turn to be shocked "oh."
"Maven I was trying to have a conversation..." he starts to laugh at me and I feel the blood rush into my face.
"Mare, I was trying to make a point and help you put it behind you." Now it's my turn to laugh, " oh."
"Mare, you really are adorable when you're flustered or mad at me.. however I'm much happier when you're happier." I look up to maven through my eyelashes, "Maven.. I don't know where I came from. Nor how I got here. But I think I'm finally happy. And I think it's because of you." Maven grabs my hand and starts tracing circles around my palm. "Mare, I think you and you're choices made you happy. I'm just glad to be there in your glow."  I'm interrupted from any response by the banging on the door. Before we can answer the door slams open and Elara bursts open. "What did you do with the red girl from your room?" Elara stands expectantly.  "I-I I'm really sorry I I -just  she -I" I drop to the floor.  I thought she'd be proud.. I thought she'd support it. "Mother you can't come bursting in here demanding answers-" Maven is cut off and i can tell Elara is in his head. I can feel her in mine searching for whatever she's looking for. "We must finish it Maven. They'll try to show her. Maven, if they do it,  she'll have to go. You know that."
Maven pales "mother! A day. It's all i ask! I could explain it to her!" Elara tenses as if she's forgotten she's speaking aloud. " Maven. It's now or she goes." The last thing I see is Maven in defeat. Succumbing to his mother. Then everything blurs.
Sound leaves.
Light leaves.
What is the absence of sound?

Ok, well this is going well so far!
By now I think you're catching up on what's happening!